Mist - thug model

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Mist - thug model

ErikT(Posted 2004) [#1]
Has taken me about 20 hours so far. Still got to UV-map it <shudder> and paint textures. This is one of two baddies I plan to stick in the upcoming demo of Mist.

And the concept sketch:

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#2]
Love the folds of the pants, don't know how I feel about the arms/torso. I was about to comment that this looks way high-poly, but then I remembered your game is 2D. So you'll be using this for rendered sprites, right?

Caff(Posted 2004) [#3]
Yeah very rnice, perhaps lower the waist a little and give the trousers more space around the meat n' two-veg area.

Try puffing out the top of the chest a bit maybe?

Rob(Posted 2004) [#4]
Chest needs some cutting of polygons to create definition.

Groin area and the area where the genitals are lack polygon definition. you need you carve some polys to change the direction to give it volume.

The abs are unnecesary, and can be textured: instead give those polygons over to carving out where the ribcage meets the abdomen as a curve.

All in all, a good model which isn't quite making the most of it's polygon flow.

ErikT(Posted 2004) [#5]
Thanks for your comments. I've made some adjustments to the things pointed out. Chest and arms are a bit beefier now. The crotch has also been expanded a bit. Hope it doesn't like he's got a boner coming on :P

jhocking: Yep, rendered sprites all the way. Without subdivision, the model's about 5500 polygons.

Kanati(Posted 2004) [#6]
I'm just not intimidated by anyone wearing pantaloons...

Seriously tho. Pretty good. I vote more beefier on the arms still though. Like the tabis on his feet too.

Kanati

*(Posted 2004) [#7]
Is it me or are there some missing polies under the belt?

ErikT(Posted 2004) [#8]
Just a wee update. Did the facial texture this evening. It needs some polish (nose job among others) but I'm pretty happy with where it's going.

Bouncer(Posted 2004) [#9]
Looking good. Can't wait for the next demo of your beat'em up.

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#10]
yep looking well good