lil model....large pic....

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/lil model....large pic....

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#1]

i did a lil tuto but it was boring so i kinda improved it:P very usefull tuto tough and no photoshop pure max......

[edit]smaller pic:P[/edit]
for large pic *clicky*

gellyware(Posted 2004) [#2]
Nice image, Is this for a game you are working on? Also... How many polygons?

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#3]
11734 Verts and 11584 faces dont know about tris... and no it's not for my game. this is just to show of some aquired skills...

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#4]
attack of the mutant beercans from outta space :) looks nice tho. Cinema 4D?

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#5]
3d studio max...

and after a lil photoshop treatment >> http://www.balpoint.com/ << it's the front page cover

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#6]
is it a translucent flying pig?

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#7]
what exactly do you mean?
naa im just messing with ya...ad it's mr. alien fish to you!
the end result doesnt look that bad

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#8]
a new model i created.....Orc Ship
bare in mind that i made these models up.

a lil desktop download *clicky*

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#9]
nice materials!

skn3(Posted 2004) [#10]
They look like the product of a 3dsmax doodle :)

You know where you start out with absolutly no intention of creating a speciffic thing, then end up blobbing something into a shape :)

I don't really like the first,.. looks a bit "rough around the edges". But the material on the second one looks smart :)

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#11]
the first one was on a tutorial witch i found to be boring so i improved it. The second one i wanted to create a spaceship and i made one....I know the official way to model is to draw it first on paper in diff aspects and the load em up n make em 3d....sound boring don't it?

napole0n(Posted 2004) [#12]
I sometimes sketch on paper what I want it to look like, but I never draw them in the aspects and 'trace' them in 3D. Too timeconsuming and unflexible.

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#13]
well i beleive when working on a game all graphical aspects are drawn on paper....first....and modeled lateron..