Behemoth!

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Behemoth!

MadJack(Posted 2004) [#1]

He's not your mate...

mearrin69(Posted 2004) [#2]
Reminds me of the big red robot from that Disney movie...Black Hole or something. Maybe it's the cyclops thing that's triggering that, because I don't think that guy had legs - just floated around.

Like the model a lot, could use some texturing work. I also really like the litle guys. Are those human-sized figures? Same deal with texturing but the models look great.

What's the game about?
M

MadJack(Posted 2004) [#3]
mearrin

I agree about the texturing - my skills are pretty basic in that area. I tend to spend so much time tweaking the geometry that I tend to rush the texturing.

Game's a combo mainly about tank combat but with a bit of FPS thown in.

wedoe(Posted 2004) [#4]
Reminds me of the big red robot from that Disney movie...Black Hole or something.
Maximillian

@ MadJack: Nice model BTW :)

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#5]
Yeah, it has a presence to it :)

Red Ocktober(Posted 2004) [#6]
no... don't change a thing... it looks great as is... texturing and all...

... sort of a TRONish atmospheric mood, the future metallic frame of the big guy reflecting the almost not visible, but constant rays of light coming from unseen emiiters.

this looks so cool... the big guy definitely has presence...

perspective here is perfect.

--Mike

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#7]
looks really great - Can I have a go??????

IPete2.

GNS(Posted 2004) [#8]
I agree, it fits with the overall atmosphere quite well. Can't wait to see (and hear?) that thing stomping around the levels!

MadJack(Posted 2004) [#9]
Thanks for the comments guys.

What's your thoughts about this one?

Gorgon captain.

Next up, Gorgon common infantry.

mearrin69(Posted 2004) [#10]
@MadJack:
I dig it, especially the head. I really like the color scheme on these.

Crits: The torso and arms look a little large compared with the legs - at least for human anatomy, though it may just be the pics. Also, the feet look short to support such bulk.

Looking forward to the Gorgon grunt.
M

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#11]
nice stuff...but yeh the feet look abit short..if you dont want to make the legs longer then may i would make the feet wider so it looks like they can support a big load and more of a heel...good colour

MadJack(Posted 2004) [#12]
tiler/mearrin69

Thanks for the tips - I've extended the legs and lengthened the feet a little and the model now looks much more balanced (it's amazing what a small tweak can do when modelling a human like figure). Have updated the image above.

As for the grunt - I got lazy, so I've decided the 'Gorgon captain' can become the 'grunt'. For the captain, I've tweaked the existing figure (changed the head shape, thickened and lengthened the body, added a cape) and will call that the 'Gorgon captain'.

Let me know your crits.