Brunt Skin

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Brunt Skin

N(Posted 2004) [#1]
Thought I'd follow what Ruz is doing and pimp my Brunt skin here as well. Still need to haul ass and finish it, as I mentioned on Polycount...

I plan to remake the face, helmet, and flesh part of the arms.. or at least touch them up.
I beg of you, tear it apart!

gellyware(Posted 2004) [#2]
The dark objects on his sides and back need highlights just like his clothing. Even the most black object in reality has highlights if there is any lightsource. The red box on his back has the same issue. No highlights. If its supposed to be a light, it should still be brighter in some areas since the light will diffuse differently inside.

Also you noted remaking the face, I hope the back of the head is included. There are no skin shades there.

Fantastic texture work on muscles and clothing though.

N(Posted 2004) [#3]
I said head, therefore that menas the entire head and not just one little piece of it (e.g., if I'd said the face I would remake the face). Thanks, by the way, great suggestions :)

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#4]
Hey noel i didn't realise it was you. I admired your skin a lot.
Love the details on the clothing.superb
Only faults I can see is the glove on the clenched hand. The hand looks a little wrong but great stuff anyway.
That thread seems to have got huge now, too many skins to crit properly

N(Posted 2004) [#5]
Indeed. The hand is a bit odd, I agree.. never skinned many that were clenched. And thanks, I admire your faces ;)

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#6]
cheers noel
I had a lot of problems with it myself .I hate skinning those clenched fists.

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#7]
He's ski patrol, right?

N(Posted 2004) [#8]
Halo: Hahahaha... No, actually, I'm trying to make him the Red Team skin for Brunt (hence the text in the upper left corner of the image), but I'm sure he'd be plenty visible in snow too ;)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#9]
This is the swiss flag, you know. I didn't expect cheese-makers gonna look like this one day :P

http://education.yahoo.com/reference/factbook/sz/flag.html

tho looks great!

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#10]
Then again: looking back to medieval times swiss warriors where the most brutal Soldiers in the known world and served the pope of rome to execute the inquisition.

N(Posted 2004) [#11]
What a great coincedence ;) Thanks :P

N(Posted 2004) [#12]
Replaced the exposed flesh bits (arms, head).

I'm not sure remaking the helmet will be so good, since I still have to make the deadline.

N(Posted 2004) [#13]
Finisho!

GitTech(Posted 2004) [#14]
COOL! :D

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#15]
wow - indeed damn cool! but still: medical is red on white, not white on red. I mean - a nurse would be completely unsexy to me if she would wear white on red - I'd think I have to sing the national hymn or something :)

Very nice work, hats off!

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#16]
unless its PVC ;)

N(Posted 2004) [#17]
jfk: Yes, but white on red works better for team colors- wouldn't you agree? Either way, it's finished and so is my motivation ;)

Uhfgood(Posted 2004) [#18]
Noel you're awesome ;-)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#19]
Yes, of course - it's your baby. Please don't misunderstand me, this Model is superb, no matter is it's red on white or white on red.