Pluto Lander

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Pluto Lander

gpete(Posted 2017) [#1]
Made a Blitz terrain from the famous Pluto image of the icy low lying plains of Pluto and the rugged Ice Mountains.. rezz of image was only 1024 by 1024.
Dorky Lander can travel across the terrain- any ideas how to texture models in B3D format?? I have the apps- just can't figure out the process! That's Charon in the sky.

gpete(Posted 2017) [#2]
So I worked with 3D-Coat, a program from Steam...and figured out the process to UV map and color OBJ files. So my work path now is to create models in Curvy-3D, export them to OBJ files. 3D-Coat for coloring and UV mapping- (really works well!) the OBJ file- it will give me PNG color UV, and "Metal" layer and Surface map texture. Use Milkshape to export OBJ as a B3D file. Then set the B3D texture with the PNG color UV image.

the 3 images- adding color in 3D-Coat, the UV Map and then a new scene within the Blitz program.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2017) [#3]
Nice work Pete.

Another option for you to consider could be UltimateUnwrap3D, good tool.

gpete(Posted 2017) [#4]
I will look into it! Thanks for the kind words... so now I need to break my models down into smaller pieces- previously I was used to texturing models per face with a tool that could scale and rotate textures perfectly..I am working on a modeler and texture program in B3D..did VB and C in the ancient days-(hmm that makes me ancient also :)
( Yue's work on Mars Lander was inspiring me on Pluto Lander)

Blitzplotter(Posted 2017) [#5]
did VB and C in the ancient days-(hmm that makes me ancient also :)

Join the club, although I moved into VB6 post discovering BlitzBasic 2.1 on the Amiga. Imagine my surprise on discovering Blitz3D on the PC, halcyon days ;)

RemiD(Posted 2017) [#6]
@gpete>>you can also unwrap, texelsfill, uvmap, 3dpaint, using Fragmotion, the new UVMapper is functional enough to texture most common shapes (even a human body, face)...

additionaly, in case you don't know, this is a video game you may be interested in :
http://www.tla-data.co.uk/solsys.htm
(made with Blitz3d)