Ambient on mars?

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Ambient on mars?

Yue(Posted 2016) [#1]
Hello, do you think this color is correct to represent mars? Or would it be redder the color on the floor?

Derron(Posted 2016) [#2]
Think the color choice is pretty well fitting.

Shadows look a bit odd (the rectangular shape below the tires just looks hmm... not that good). If it is possible, "soften" the shadows (like "blur"). Your shadows look as if there is a spotlight right on top of the car. The shadows are so "light" (bright) that it seems to be a very strong sun / environment light.

Back to color: think it will "look" a bit darker already, once you add some small rocks which throw shadows too. Then also "normal mapping / bump mapping" the terrain will increase darkness by adding small "shadowed areas" here and there.

bye
Ron

Yue(Posted 2016) [#3]
Hi Derron, I appreciate your comments.

I've started a little shadows better, do you think they're better?

Yes, I plan to put the rocks and all that. What happens is that you do not make maps of protuberance with shaders.

Krischan(Posted 2016) [#4]
In my opinon the horizon is too dark while the terrain is too "orange". Take a look at my project, I even think that my Mars is still too saturated (well, the color depends on the star type and its elevation, here it is a G type star with about 30° elevation):

The same scene with an O-Type star (blue) and an A-Type star (white)

And compared to a real image they are all still too colorful:

Yue(Posted 2016) [#5]
@Krischan

Hello it is always good to receive advice from an expert. :)

I have lowered the tonality of the sky, and I have changed the texture of the soil by a clearer one, I think it is not perfect.

Will you have a texture that fits better to a floor on Mars?

Yue(Posted 2016) [#6]

xlsior(Posted 2016) [#7]
Looks very nice...

Although when you are taking sharp corners, it seems to me that you might want to have the middle pair of wheels turn slightly as well? Not as much as the front wheels, but it looks odd when they stay rigid

Krischan(Posted 2016) [#8]
Better. But what is this orange glow on the soil? And the vehicle is now too colorful compared to the scene, you should change that, too.

Yue(Posted 2016) [#9]
@XLSIOR

I have to solve that problem with the tires. :)

@Krischan

http://ralcolores.mrket.net/index.php?index=RAL_DOWN

What color do you recommend for the sunlight source, which is at that time above the car?

I currently have a value of 255, 255, 255

Krischan(Posted 2016) [#10]
Well, the color depends on the star type, see my screenshots. But as you're on Mars the star (which is our sun) is a G-Type star. G-Type stars have a RGB color index of 255,244,234 or in the case of our star 255,245,242. This is very close to 255,255,255 so you can keep it.

And by the way - the model looks much better now. For my game I'll need a rover model too but a larger one than yours. It should have a chain drive, a rock collector, 100t cargo payload, 6 seats and a turreted stun laser, my current model is this :-D

Imperium(Posted 2017) [#11]
Yue I think your first image still looks the best. It really depends on if you want a more stylized look at opposed to realistic. I think for your style a happy balance between both would be the best choice.

Nice models by the way! What CAD software do you use?

Yue(Posted 2017) [#12]
@Imperium

I am using Fragmotion. :)