latest project

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/latest project

Ruz(Posted 2016) [#1]

still working on this, getting back in to subd modelling after years of zbrush frustration:)

Derron(Posted 2016) [#2]
I like the colors - and gradients on the throusers.

Little suggestion: imagine the pig would not wear the hat: how would the ears then look ;-)

-> pigs have way shorter ears, so only the tips should be visible (imho).

axe is more low-poly than the character. They should be "visually equal", so maybe spend some more polygons (or smooth shade) on the handle. Maybe also make it assymetric (like on an axe-handle) - especially with "used" handles, they get a b it less "bulky" on one side of the handle.

Shoes: (ignoring the pig foot ... :-): the "instep part" of the boots look a bit small - maybe make it more bulky (the pig must be able to do some "dirt work" like digging for gold) - for now it fits to "non existing foot" (or if you have a devil with goat feet).

Regardless of this: do not get me wrong, I really would like to be able to do such models (I suck at organic modelling ;-)). So for now it is a really great job - and I hope my hints do even improve it more.

bye
Ron

Ruz(Posted 2016) [#3]
yeah the hat is a little problematic, but I am working on tying it in
RE the ears, well it is a certoon style big, so the ear size is not an issue for me least

axe had not been subdivided in this picture, everything else has

boots def need a bit of work on them, thanks for the feedback. don't want to go too detailed on these really I was going to do a zbrush pass, but maybe not

main focus has been on getting nice topology and doing my own concept for a change.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#4]
Ears: the "long" ears remove the pig-appearance for me....of course this is a matter of personal taste.

Nice topology: yeah really looks good. Between eyes, nose and cheeks you have a pole-vertex on each side. think you could at least remove one edge by refining the surrounding edge loops.
Do not understand me wrong: for me the topology is really good but as I needed to find a flaw (everybody needs to improve ;-)) ...

So you are doing a farmer/western game?

Bye
Ron

Ruz(Posted 2016) [#5]
Derron, yeah i fixed that pole business on the cheeks, someone else pointed that out on Polycount also.

might revisit the ears with a morph target in the future
re the game , yeah i had an idea about a game for this, but have a long way to go in terms of learning unity/scripting etc, but you have to start somewhere right:)

Ruz(Posted 2016) [#6]

gonna do some nice morph targets for the head next