Pawn Run Fragmotion

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Pawn Run Fragmotion

Yue(Posted 2015) [#1]

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#2]
Pretty good, you are making great progress.

Yue(Posted 2015) [#3]
Here Control Player Basic. :)

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#4]
Wow, really good, tossed around randomly and still getting upright again in correct position.
Can you share a code example of this? Never seen how that is done, only other way round.

Yue(Posted 2015) [#5]
Hello, not how to explain . What I do is disengage the rigid skeletal bodies . Subsequently an animation stand the player runs again . This animation should be about two , one back and another chest to the ground. The problem that I have now is that when exporting from fragmotion a root bone is created , and for example where the ragdoll starts, the bone still.

An example would be the character of a mountain falls and ejectua the ragdoll, the root huezo pendiende is in the abyss , and when it is restored back to that starting point , I'm thinking how to fix this .

Yue(Posted 2015) [#6]

xlsior(Posted 2015) [#7]
Nice!

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#8]
Looking near perfect. Do you have a video of Pawn faling from a mountain that shows the skeleton bug?

You have really made some nice stuff over the years. Always fun to watch. And I must say I have never seen a posting of this advanced animation / ragdoll stuff here. Very good.

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#9]

I have never seen a posting of this advanced animation / ragdoll stuff here

@Rick>>
In Tecno the base (made with Blitz3d), the robots already used raggdolls when they die.

@Yue>>
This looks functional, well done.

I am curious about something :
Let's assume that the ragdoll is activated and that the character falls below some static collider / rigidbody (a table for example). In this case, how will you manage that the character stands up without going through the table ?
Same question if a character falls and goes inside a small space like an air vent.

(Personally, in a similar case, to determine if a character can stand up if he is crouching down or can jump if he is standing up, i use linepick and pickables to determine if there is enough empty space above or not, and depending on the case allow or disallow the next move. But if the character is in a raggdoll mode an goes in a small space, this can become more complicated to then restore a crouching down / standing up posture...)

Yue(Posted 2015) [#10]
Problem get up player bone root.

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#11]
Something that i have noticed when playing Oblivion which is related to bodies and raggdolls and physics : The terrains, buildings, and big obstacles (like rocks, truncs, statues, containers, furnitures, machines) are static collidables and never turn move, but the small objects (like armors, clothes, weapons, projectiles, spells, potions, tools, accessories) are bodies which turn move collide in the environment according to physics. Also, once a character is unconscious/dies, his body has a ragdoll which turns moves collides in the environment according to physics.
Why have they not given the possibility to the player to turn move the big obstacles ? I think this is probably to facilitate pathfinding, this way the nodes and links are premade and never change ! But you can still have fun with small objects and characters bodies. Good idea imo.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#12]
So you need a way to move the bone root to the new position? Do I understand correctly?