Gajatix Asset Store! [Down For Maintenance]

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Gajatix Asset Store! [Down For Maintenance]

cysis(Posted 2015) [#1]
As off today our own Asset Store is Live.

To celebrate the opening we're giving out 40% Discount Vouchers that are valid until 15 September 2015!

Enter CY15-54TY promotion code before checkout!

Sign up to the newsletter for updates on new products and more discount vouchers!

Visit the store : http://store.gajatix.com/

Zethrax(Posted 2015) [#2]
Nice store. It's a little sparse on things to buy at the moment, but I look forward to checking in out again when there are more products.

A few bits of advice. Some of this is just my thoughts after browsing various model sites.

Try to keep the site's download time to a reasonable minimum. A site like this is going to be image heavy, but you should try to keep that to the images that help inform potential customers as much as possible. That half-megabyte image in the image slider is one I'd get rid of or reduce in filesize.

Building models will likely sell many times better if the building has an interior as well as doors. The interiors should be separate models so that they can be hidden and shown via code. Doors should also be separate models so that they can be opened and closed via code. The door should possibly have a one sided version that can be used when the player is outside and the door is closed. If your buildings have interiors then make sure that the potential customer can easily find that information, as it's a huge selling point.

Generally someone who is making a game is going to be looking for a reasonably complete set of assets with a consistent art-style that they can use for their game. The more work they have to do to integrate a model into their game's aesthetic, the less likely they are to buy that model. A mistake I see a lot of artists making on various asset stores is that they'll make a variety of different models, but they'll only make one model for something that the buyer probably needs a set of. They'll make a sci-fi pistol in a given art-style without making a complete set of sci-fi weapons in that art-style, for example. A buyer will be looking for a number of different sci-fi weapons they can integrate into their game and will be thinking of how much work it will take to integrate that one sci-fi pistol in with the art-style of the other weapons they need.

videz(Posted 2015) [#3]
Let me guess.. the trees were generated using Fredborg's (frecle) tree[d]. I see the obvious pattern there and the way the billboard branches are oriented..

nice one

Matty(Posted 2015) [#4]
I'm surprised no one has made "Sim Medieval City" yet given the preponderance of medieval villages in asset libraries....

They look nice though.....

I'd love to see someone give Angry fly a run for his money when it comes to space ships though - there just aren't enough high quality sci fi collections of spaceships in the world...(3drt are rubbish and angry fly is good but overused)

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#5]

the trees were generated using Fredborg's (frecle) tree[d].

Not necessarily, i have made trees similar to those generated by treed[d] but with my own code and parts, with less triangles... A tree of one kind will look similar to the others trees of the same kind, there is not many ways to model it if you want it to look similar to one in nature...

AdamStrange(Posted 2015) [#6]
yep, seems a bit slow downloading, but nice looking :)

One thing - the preview pics are really tiny - almost not worth having ;/

videz(Posted 2015) [#7]
ummm RemiD, is that your site and are you cysis?

anyway, I remember that default tree correctly. I've been using tree[d] for a long time so I know that angle and branching method.

there's a slight chance of generating a similar look but the odds on that one is one in a mil.

Even the trunk angle, branching, the 3 starting long branches at the left and camera angle are the same.

Didn't even bother to change the camera angle, lol.

Sorry, it's undeniable and with the default seed/generation pattern tree[d] weirdly produces, it is uncanny. This is tree[d] generated trees!

videz(Posted 2015) [#8]
I saw a similar situation when one guy from a modding group/forum is denying that he used the tree assets from Skyrim and tried to pass it as his own work, whereas the comparison differs only on how the engine renders them but he got caught red handed at the end.

I have seen a lot of tree assets and other game art throughout the years, it's very rare that I found a similarity or distinction between 2 resources. This one stands out.

The funny thing is both are on the same community, with fredborg's long time association here in blitz community and this asset store just appeared all of a sudden.

videz(Posted 2015) [#9]
Tree[d] is only freeware and unless permitted, I don't think you can sell assets generated from the program.

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#10]

RemiD, is that your site

No i am just sharing my thoughts about that.

But if what you say is true, then even if the trees generated by tree[d] look good, imo they have too many triangles to be used in a game. Even in Oblivion / Fallout 3 the trees are not so detailed... It may be usable in a game with "corridors" like in the demo made by fredborg.

cysis(Posted 2015) [#11]
The resemblance between the Ash Tree Model and Tree[D] is actually quite astounding. All Tree models available on the store are built in Blender using a plugin (Get it from here: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Curve/Sapling_Tree )

videz(Posted 2015) [#12]
The resemblance between the Ash Tree Model and Tree[D] is actually quite astounding. All Tree models available on the store are built in Blender using a plugin (Get it from here: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Curve/Sapling_Tree )

uh please, it is easy to refer to a popular link like sapling. I have used that plugin and is nowhere near to that. You have to do better than that to prove it. Show a build process or something.

videz(Posted 2015) [#13]
If that is the case, why would someone buy tree models from your store where they can get the same results using tree[d] for free? even if you made them from either tool.

I also don't get how a Wooden Bridge can be categorized as a scenery..

videz(Posted 2015) [#14]
But if what you say is true, then even if the trees generated by tree[d] look good, imo they have too many triangles to be used in a game. Even in Oblivion / Fallout 3 the trees are not so detailed... It may be usable in a game with "corridors" like in the demo made by fredborg.

with tree[d] you can reduce some triangles by tweaking some settings like trunk and branch segments and branch/leave count.

MikeJimJim(Posted 2015) [#15]
I quite literally can't see what you're talking about videz. The similarity there is in general formation, nothing about the look and feel of the art. As a side note, you mentioned that he didn't even change the camera angle... That last bit was far worse and less understandable than the first bit of junk you've spewed into this thread. -Michael S

videz(Posted 2015) [#16]
I quite literally can't see what you're talking about videz. The similarity there is in general formation, nothing about the look and feel of the art. As a side note, you mentioned that he didn't even change the camera angle... That last bit was far worse and less understandable than the first bit of junk you've spewed into this thread. -Michael S

you're either dumb or guilty as charged. And who are you btw? for a guy who just submitted his first post, someone will believe your opinion? or this is your duplicate account, a representative, team member so you will remain professional?

dude please.. nice try. NEXT

P.S: if you must be the artist or something, but i dont care. just give us the proof and lets get this over with. that's all

videz(Posted 2015) [#17]
It's evident that mediocre content stores like this one are popping up like mushrooms taking advantage of indie developers on this and other forum without any valid credentials to make a quick buck.

Fortunately the code and tools archive already has a plethora of options to choose from.

MikeJimJim(Posted 2015) [#18]
I am actually a programmer, C++, I don't typically frequent these forums. I come here every once in a while because I love the concept of Blitz. I saw this, and it was so amazing I just had to comment. I stand by what I said 100%, and I see zero need for proof. As a final note, a tree is a tree... Simple as that, a tree generator quite typically provides similar results to other generators. For example, tree 1 is from Forester Pro:

Tree 2 is from Unity3D's asset store:

Do you see the similarity in shape between the first tree and the second tree (the one on the left)? I do. They are both trees, similarities will exist. The amount of difference between the two provided in this post is minimal at best, and your insistence to bash it is fairly entertaining I must say. Have a good day :)
NOTE: I can see the camera angles in my provided images are different, flip it in your mind if you can.
NOTE: Even the trees I provided weren't the same... They have similar shape, and are clearly different, yet you insist the ones posted here (providing the same evidence I did here) are the same.
-Michael S

markcw(Posted 2015) [#19]
videz, do you realize you are totally trolling this guys thread? Please just have some respect.

videz(Posted 2015) [#20]
Yea but except that's not the same trees presented on the original pic and you're talking about a different topic here. It does not look like Unity Tree Generator or Forrestor Pro. Did someone mentioned those tools?

OH and generating two obvious different tree and claiming they have similarities to justify your answer? genius dude, pure genius..

I have some eye for detail so you can't fool me, so I'm the one who's amused here. bravo nice presentation though.

produce how the tree was made instead of this supposedly 'curious visitor' and shady account to the rescue (with a lame 'Exhibit A') or just admit this was made in tree[d]. how difficult is that?

'nuff said

P.S: I'm a C++ programmer too so I don't know why you have to mention that, if you're trying to be impressive and all. This forum has a variety of language and platform coders, not just blitz or basic or whatever.

videz(Posted 2015) [#21]
videz, do you realize you are totally trolling this guys thread? Please just have some respect.

I don't think finding the truth is considered to be trolling, unless you like to be suckerpunched by these hacks. Believe me, I'm not the only one criticizing..

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/post.php?topic=104491&post=1266436

Do you see me trolling 3dFoin? nope, why? the guy seems legit but he's like spamming. and I don't like their art in the first place.

cysis(Posted 2015) [#22]
MikeJimJim I need to buy you a drink! Your posts have been the highlight of my evening xD

Now videz, you accuse me of using Tree[d] with no evidence other than the Ash Tree Model looks like a tree. Then start saying that I'm try to take advantage of other indie developers. Let consider for a moment that the Ash Tree wasn't on the store. Does that mean that all the other models have been created by a generator as well for me to make a "quick buck" as you put it?

Your accusations are weak at best and have served no purpose other than to satisfy your lust for trying to build bad reputations for those who are working hard and actually trying to provide a service to Indie developers who haven't got the knowledge or the time to learn 3D modeling.

Now obviously without me providing evidence you'd just continue the accusation and become as annoying as the people trying to convince the Moon landing didn't happen and while that does sound rather amusing I simply don't have the patience to put up with your insolence.

Below you will find a little video which shows the process of a tree being made in blender. I couldn't remember the exact values for angles so I made it as close as possible and what do you know I made a tree without a tree generator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChFBLhJf7yU

I would also strongly recommend you apologise to everyone you have been rude to. Since you seem to think generators are the only way to do things I've "Generated" a list for you;

-RemiD
-MikeJimJim
-munch

I will not be making any further posts to this topic because i simply don't care about your opinion any more. Believe what you want to.

If anyone else has some general feedback about the store, please let me know!

@Zethrax We will improve the download time for pictures so that the site loads faster and start building some interior models for the building like you suggested over the next few weeks. Currently we are working on a Sci Fi gun set with the first one already done (you can check it out here : http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=104980

@AdamStrange The Preview pictures being small is being caused by a bug in the system which we are in the process of fixing. The uploaded images are infact 1920*1080 but the store decides to resize them for some silly reason.

videz(Posted 2015) [#23]
Not even close, a minute video to replicate the scene of the crime. heh

Below you will find a little video which shows the process of a tree being made in blender. I couldn't remember the exact values for angles so I made it as close as possible and what do you know I made a tree without a tree generator.

dude, are you high? Sapling is a tree generator. Oh wait no, it's not?

http://lesterbanks.com/2014/03/creating-trees-sapling-tree-generator-addon-blender/

but the title on other sites it says tree generator.. even the guy who did it

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?214857-Sapling-A-Tree-Generator-Add-On-for-Blender-(OSX-Fix-10-Aug-2011)

Since you seem to think generators are the only way to do things I've "Generated" a list for you;

Looks like it in your case and selling them, clearly you're using one right now. enough with the pun comebacks, it's coming back to you, so sad..

You contradicted to yourself here. wow EPIC FAIL!

I will not apologize to RemiD or munch because I don't think I have offended them in this topic, I'm just producing some facts and explaining it to them. I do respect them in some way but not you. Trying to muster up with the old timers so you can gain some leverage, eh?

You're the noob here on the forum just selling your stuff, and you want an apology? are you kidding me?

Yeah go buy yourself a drink.. and to yourself again.. clearly that MikeJimJim goof is the account that you made defending yourself.

please.

videz(Posted 2015) [#24]
Your accusations are weak at best and have served no purpose other than to satisfy your lust for trying to build bad reputations for those who are working hard and actually trying to provide a service to Indie developers who haven't got the knowledge or the time to learn 3D modeling.

Hard work? You just generated your trees from a tree generator. Where's the hard work on that.

and for a cocky new guy who thinks Sapling is not a tree generator, it's either you're a hack or borderline retarded.

..Please go take your dumb assets with you that you just salvaged from your failed RPG dream game project and peddle it somewhere else where you can fool other gullible people.

This forum is smarter than you think.

AdamStrange(Posted 2015) [#25]
@cystis Excellent about the resizing - keep up the good work with the site :)

As to the tree... It's already been said it was based on a tree plugin, which (if memory serves me right) is probably using similar internal L-System code. So would produce "similar" results. It is unfortunate that the L-System produces very common branching results. but the leaf pattern is completely different.

If I was in the market for a tree of this type. I'd get it :)

marksibly_v2(Posted 2015) [#26]
Hey videz, please cool it with the abusive posts or you're out of here.

Actually, just read some of your past posts and you're out of here anyway.

grindalf(Posted 2015) [#27]
Round of applause for Mark.
Good store cystis. It has nothing I want right now but I have bookmarked it. Never know what I might need in the future

Ian Thompson(Posted 2015) [#28]
Just viewed his previous posts too after reading the locked "banworthy" thread.

Good call Mark.

Yue(Posted 2015) [#29]
Download Here Tree[d] :)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6d0nzentmw4lykh/tree%5Bd%5D-setup310.exe?dl=0

cysis(Posted 2015) [#30]
Just an update about the store,

Preview images are now the correct size so you can clearly see the model, and we are in the process of adding a zoom in feature.

The store is also undergoing some performance maintenance to improve the download time and improve user experience. :)

AdamStrange(Posted 2015) [#31]
many thanks :)
Got to say (been looking at the medieval houses). Nice models, with great looking textures - intact I'll go as far as to say inspirational in parts. I'm gonna give you AA+

Having also read some of the posts (particularly the banworthy thread) I applaud Mark for making that choice. I almost rose to some posts Videz also made, but thought better to say nothing than to feed the frenzy.

@Cysis. Keep up the great looking work and don't let this attitude get you down :)

cysis(Posted 2015) [#32]
Thats very kind of you to say :)

I will be spending the next week or so updating the Medieval House models to have interiors.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2015) [#33]
+1 for Mark's decision.

big10p(Posted 2015) [#34]
+2

Who is was that trolling prat? Meh, who cares.

stayne(Posted 2015) [#35]
Mark "Heimdall" Sibly

Gabriel(Posted 2015) [#36]
Actually, just read some of your past posts and you're out of here anyway.

Thank you. Better than a BlitzMax update!

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#37]
After so much hot fuzz I got curious and checked http://store.gajatix.com/ but says:

"Server Error
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed."

cysis(Posted 2015) [#38]
We've been having issues with our hosts. We've switched Hosts now and the store will be operational within the next few days again

We'll let you know once everything is back online :)