2048^3 - the popular game, +1 dimension

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/2048^3 - the popular game, +1 dimension

SystemError51(Posted 2015) [#1]
Friends,

it's been a long time since I've been on this forum.

So today I would like to introduce 2048^3 to you - it's like a bit like the original (2048), in 3D.

In general the concept stays the same: you need to merge two matching numbers. Keep doing that until you reach the 2048 tile/cube. But since we are in a cube here instead of a 4x4 plane, some things have changed. Let me tell you about the controls real quick:

CONTROLS
You move the so-called Selector Cube to the desired cube to be merged - hit Enter, then move to the cube to merge with, hit Enter. Like the original - if there is no space in between the cubes/tiles, they will merge. Of course, they have to be on the same horizontal or vertical line. Pressing W and S will move forward and backward in the cube layers, respectively. This allows for manipulation on all layers of the cube.

Hitting R will rotate the cube field to Front View, Side View, and Top View. With W and S you can navigate through the layers, depending on the view you are in. This allows for three-dimensional manipulation of the play field - so who's got three-dimensional thinking, or is able to think outside the box, will be able to move the cubes in such a way that they eventually merge together on one plane.

A tutorial is provided also.

LIFELINES
Adding to the original concept are unique lifelines, that help you along the way. But be careful: you can only use them once per game. They are:

Rewind
Takes back the last move, restores situation before you made it. Useful if you really made a mistake.

Replace
Replaces the value of one cube for another - but only up to the highest cube you have played to this far. To use this lifeline, select one cube and click on the Replace Lifeline button.

State Of Play
Stores the current situation to disk. This includes your score, highest cube played to, and your used lifelines. You can then continue to play. If you want to restore the state, quit the game and choose "Continue" from the Title Screen. Loading the state will show this lifeline to be used already.

ENDLESS MODE
Making it to the 2048 cube will provide you with two options: you can either continue to play in normal mode and reach another 2048 cube, or enable the Endless Mode which unlocks and adds three more reachable cubes: 4096, 8192, and Infinity. To reach Infinity Cube, merge two 8192 cubes. The Infinity cube merges with any number you throw at it, adding the score for the merged cube as normal.

SCREENSHOTS

Title card

Standard situation

Milestones give you bonuses

Mid-rotation from Side View to Top View

Making sure you really want to use that Lifeline

GET IT
If you're interested, it is available to purchase (EUR 3.49) for Windows Vista / 7 / 8, and for Ubuntu 14.04 and higher.

Purchase for Windows:
http://store.payloadz.com/details/2233530-software-games-20483.html

Purchase for Linux:
http://store.payloadz.com/details/2233569-software-games-20483.html

See you around guys :) Let me know what you think. I also accept criticism such as "It's crap". Be honest, be polite, be direct :)