Worked in GapLeader and GapLoser text

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Worked in GapLeader and GapLoser text

Blitzplotter(Posted 2015) [#1]
Took me about an hour to render some text in Ultimate Unwrap (on my old XP machine) port it across to my W7 box and then work in the logic to colour the GapLeader and GapLoser entities purple or green dependant upon which avatar was in the lead: (previously I just had a purple and green sphere indicating where the max gap was detetcted between avatars).

Half the bother I have now is recalling / finding out how I worked certain functionality into the project and what file its squirrelled away in.

A 2D indication of the immediate gap between the two avatars is available within the right hand side of the GUI. Well, I'm off for a run to celebrate shoe horning in a little more logic I've been meaning to do for a few months ;)

And here is the results of my 4.3 mile run this afternoon - just over 40 mins for the 4.3 miles - however - still slightly behind my best time for that route - evident below:

(you can see that the green avatar has managed to lose his first life at 2901 metres due to failing to maintain 6.2 MPH. Still toying with the idea of incorporating turrets that'll shoot the avatars Stephen King's 'The Long Walk' Style if you don't maintain the minimum speed - bit too grim though for some, possibly.... thats why I implemented the Devil Cats to draw the life from the avatars...

Just a thought, developing this project gave me the impetus to run for a sixth day in a row (might not have bothered otherwise - Forza on the XBox has more appeal than a chilly 4 mile run somehow...). Thanks Mr Sibly for giving me such an awesome tool in Blitz3D to achieve the nigh on impossible as an indie developer ;)

Yue(Posted 2015) [#2]
Nice!! ;)

Blitzplotter(Posted 2015) [#3]
Thanks Yue ;)