Possible world map tests

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Possible world map tests

AdamStrange(Posted 2015) [#1]
Here are the very basic world map concepts I am working on (ignore the dwarf - he want in on everything):

and another showing a different map plus the editor:

The maps could be very simple created through some quick procedure.

Any thoughts?

Derron(Posted 2015) [#2]
Maybe create variations of each tile to avoid that "pattern" look.

Also make them seemless (I know, "dummy" graphics ... but for your todo I wanted to mention it) - more specifically I meant the water tile.

The castle is "offset" too much on its ground tile so it overlaps others - intended?

Do you intend to create slopes or do you want to keep it "block"-styled?

@First screen
it looks a bit dark on my screen - maybe for later stages you might add some more lights.

@ignored dwarf
He does not have a shadow :-(. Poor boy.

bye
Ron

AdamStrange(Posted 2015) [#3]
water isn't a tile - its procedurally animated :)

Derron(Posted 2015) [#4]
Ohh then you should retinker the procedure to make it seemless :p (you could cheat by using the outer parts "mirrored" and overlay-blended or so ... ).
But the best bet is to have some kind of pattern in the procedure - with the pattern size equaling to the tile size. Similar to a sine wave adjusted to your tile dimension so at the end and start there is value "1".

If this is not possible, that the whole procedure should be extended to neighbouring water fields - as if it was a "big surface".
Dunno what is easier for you.

@tiling patterns
As soon as you add some "grass" particles on the ground tiles, repeating patterns will surely be hidden really well. Same for randomly spread around "cracks"-particles on stone floors. Replace "particles" with the approbiate name (foliage?).

bye
Ron

AdamStrange(Posted 2015) [#5]
Just been adding the ability to fire (rotating axes). Also had the lights turned all on.

Axes have shadows that are determined by their height and can be affected by gravity, can bounce , etc.

Cubed Inc.(Posted 2015) [#6]
Very nice! It'd be hard to not admire someone who can make their own level editor.

AdamStrange(Posted 2015) [#7]
It'd be hard to not admire someone who can make their own level editor.

LOL, Thanks m8. If you want to be really impressed. I wrote the lowly 3d editor to create the models too <grins>