[Holiday Special] Conquer and Medieval Model Packs

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/[Holiday Special] Conquer and Medieval Model Packs

Unknown Dady(Posted 2014) [#1]
The Conquer and Medieval Packs are back this holiday season for a limited time. 15 high quality 3d models and 4 high resolution terrain textures, priced at only $7 bucks. Dude that's less than 50 cents a model!

For more information check out the link below,

parrasolutions.com/uds/Shop/models/HolidaySpecial.html

Thanks so much,
Mark Parra

GfK(Posted 2014) [#2]
I think you need to work on these some more.

Just a few random comments - I didn't go through them all.

Ship: Texturing/scaling is all over the place - you have wooden planks of all sizes up to several feet wide. Ships were never ever constructed like that. The structure of the ship is like none I have ever seen - for example, the sails should be between the sprit mast and the fore mast, not hanging under it like an old pair of the captain's pants. There is no rigging whatsoever, so how are the sails manipulated? It's almost like you've never even seen a ship.

Fence: Again, it's like you haven't even bothered to look how fences are constructed. The rails should be nailed onto the side of the posts, not somehow magically hanging between. If you have a fence constructed like you've done it then it would be physically impossible to build such a thing in the real world.

Well: You've got bricks wrapped around 40-degree angles. And did someone steal the bucket?

Buildings: None of them seem to have doors - just holes where the doors should be.

Palm tree: Show me a palm tree that grows perfectly vertical like that.

Passage: I'm unaware of any period in history where the materials of choice were wattle/daub *and* breeze-blocks. If you take the time to make the texture look more inconsistent and less repeated, like stone, you might get away with it.

Fort: It's not much of a stronghold as again, no door. I'm also again questioning the structure as I don't believe anybody ever used the breeze-block/wooden frame combo.

I wouldn't normally bother with threads like this but looking at your post history - peddling this kind of thing is all you come here for. I think you've a bit of a cheek asking money for these. They look hastily thrown together by a lazy amateur who couldn't be bothered to study the subject he's trying to recreate.

RemiD(Posted 2014) [#3]

The rails should be nailed onto the side of the posts, not somehow magically hanging between. If you have a fence constructed like you've done it then it would be physically impossible to build such a thing in the real world.

to be fair you can build a fence with this structure if you use "mounting angles"...

what i find really ugly is that a texture of one wall does not tile properly with the texture of another wall when they are supposed to use the same bricks/rocks.