Candy's Space Mysteries: v10.47 is available now!

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Candy's Space Mysteries: v10.47 is available now!

Xilvan(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi everyone,

I'm up to find new ideas
for my top games:

Hope you Enjoy!

Thanks for Watching!

Merry Holydays, Merry Christmas
& Happy New Year 2017.

Friendly,

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2014) [#2]
Is this going to involve a dog running around a 3D landscape collecting hundreds of items? Call it a hunch.

Cubed Inc.(Posted 2015) [#3]
Gone Galt, you are extremely rude. This community could benefit from your disappearance.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2015) [#4]
You consider yourself the voice of the community after 366 posts?

Matty(Posted 2015) [#5]
Cubed Inc..... there's quite a bit of history with these posts....light of dreams/candy 1 2 3 4 5 x x x has been in development for probably as long as blitz3d has existed...

degac(Posted 2015) [#6]
I think Xilvan is one of the few users that have completed some many games, regardless final quality or game mechanic.
So I think he should be taken as example.

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#7]

I think Xilvan is one of the few users that have completed some many games, regardless final quality or game mechanic.

Ok so for you quantity is better than quality...

I have retried the "new version" of "Lights of Dreams III" and 10 years later i still don't consider it finished enough or good enough.
(to be fair, i think that the graphics style is unique, some meshes and textures look nice, but the controls, the possible actions, the animations, the ai, the gameplay, are a mess...)

I can probably create one game with poor controls, limited possibilities, ugly graphics, boring gameplay, plenty of bugs, each month if i want... Will i do that ? No, this is pointless imo.

xlsior(Posted 2015) [#8]
I think Xilvan is one of the few users that have completed some many games

That's one point of view. Another is that he has released a dozen pre-alpha builds of the same game with slightly different names.

Xilvan(Posted 2015) [#9]
I may find a way
to try blitz
hardwired.

I've presented
Lights of Dreams IV.

New ideas arrives
in both games.

I decided to start the
following project:

Candy's Space Mysteries:
Missions on the
blue planet

I'm at v0.57.

I adjusted terrains; Now they
are bigger(16X times).

Everything seems to work properly;
even grass, flowers and objects.

Let's continue solid
games for Everybody!

Friendly,

Xilvan(Posted 2015) [#10]
Video #1:

In this video, we explore the new
worlds with plenty of space.

The terrains are
16X greater.

Hope you'll appreciate this brand new
trailer from a Xilvan Design's game!
_______

Here is the Weblog:
-Candy's Space Mysteries official Blog-

Here is the new Official Website:
-Official Candy Space Mysteries Website-
_____

Friendly,

mrbombermillzy(Posted 2015) [#11]
When the earth has been scorched for thousands of years and aliens finally come down to investigate signs of any life history, there's a high chance that they will come across some version of Candy World, or at least a forum post about it stored as some last remenant of magnetic residue on an old storage drive. The chances are statistically high. I will explain:

I thought while I was investigating news about Hybrid/Hardwired that I would go back to my old favourite 3D Dog world posts. Possibly the funniest read on the whole internet!

However, when doing a search, even knowing that there were going to be copious amounts of CW threads, I was overwhelmed by the amount of actual Candy World threads there actually are:

Im looking at around 56 search pages with around 25 threads per page and the majority are CW based!! And thats not counting the amount of posts, which (some of you old school CW thread lurkers well know) get quite big!

Im now tempted to get Xylvans permission to start a Kickstarter project in which you can buy the 'Candyworld Forum Topic Encyclopaedia'.

Any backers?

Ploppy(Posted 2015) [#12]
Well, I guess you can't knock Xilvan for his dedication. Right on, long live Candy the space dog... ;D

Brucey(Posted 2015) [#13]
Xilvan, feel free to ignore the trolls. They appear to be gathering in their hordes, with apparently nothing better to do with their time.

RemiD(Posted 2015) [#14]
The word "troll" seems to be misused often. You can disagree with something or critic something without being a troll...
The intent is not necessarily to start a war.
Or should we all praise each other, always ?

@Xilvan>>i don't understand your games, but i think the graphics style is unique in its weirdness, so well done for that.

Ploppy(Posted 2015) [#15]
@Brucey - Hey, I wasn't trolling, I really am amazed by his dedication. He has a few years on me, Candy is much older that my current project and it is complete - more than can be said for my creations. Something has to be said about that.

Brucey(Posted 2015) [#16]
Well, posts 2 and 11 pretty much fit into what I'd consider trolling.

mrbombermillzy(Posted 2015) [#17]
THIS was why I left ploppy!

People being over aggressive. Ive told Xylvan to keep going before now because it will eventually end up better than it is atm and recently, Ive been amused by the amount of releases of Candy World and make some light hearted comments to that effect.
I mean neither him or his game(s) any ill will and Im pretty sure you can find a far better example of a trolling post in the copious amounts of Candy World threads than my light hearted musings.

I actually admire his dedication and at the same time am amused by how a project so thoroughly thrust into the public scrutiny of this forum has had so little changed after years of (not always great) feedback from the guys here.

Xylvan is definitely on some sort of lone mission that is far beyond most of us! Good luck to him I say!

And please, I ended up leaving the blitz forums because I was trolled by someone who 'thought I was someone else', so I do not intend to do the same thing myself to someone.

Grisu(Posted 2015) [#18]
It's good to see people that are dedicated to their products.

Can you increase the draw distance on the planets? From the video there are a lot of terrain "pop-up" visible.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#19]
Afaik Xilvan never mocked, made fun or was sarcastic to anyone else here, while the other way round it's a bit of different story.

Anyone may disagree with one another about what is a nice game. Of course you may or may not like the style or game play and may not be mainstream taste, but in that sense it probably is more useful to him to give constructive & kind criticism, like explaining why one feels like that in detail and how to do it - if asked for.

The whole style comes across pretty hippy, trippy and non violent to me as an adult and could be funny if in a certain state(reminds me a bit of Barbapapa). After watching the video I feel like letting my hair down and putting on an Hawaii shirt ;-)
Did anybody ever bother to ask what his target audience is like?
Perhaps for kids of a certain age it may actually be fun.

Anyway I'd say live and let live for in the end all what counts is that one is enjoying himself without hurting anyone and in that respect I think the guy deserves a medal. And another indeed for perseverance. Cheers & peace on the planet earth. :-)

ShadowTurtle(Posted 2015) [#20]
Xilvan:
The graphics are good now.
Textures are looking better than most professional games from older consoles (N64).
The game is needing more variants in gameplay. Swimming dog... sliding dog on ice..
So you can make sorts of these stories: City in the water in that a master dog-chiefs awaits resurrection...

Xilvan(Posted 2015) [#21]
Hi everyone,

I'm so happy to see that altmost everybody out
there decided to dedicate my games
and there are many threads
talking about them.

Candy's Space Mysteries v10.47.

1- Candy & Noopy found the Earth
in this game with their
new spaceship.

2- Help Candy save the World in
this Spatial/Adventure game
by making inter-stellar
and inter-galactic
missions.

3- Everything are fluid & the
Space Mode/Planets Mode has
smooth transition on the
landing pad.
__

Lights of Dreams IV v3.37.

The same game but enhenced
to the best possibilities.

1- Enhenced the character callen
Xylvan: Now fully feathered!

2- Uptimised, Grass, trees,
clouds & added stars.

3- Aquatic species are present
in the waters of this game.

4- Commands & Gameplay
are nicier than before.
__

Candy World Adventures IV v4.37.

1- Added new backgrounds.

2- Removed many bugs.
_______

Candy Racing Cup v1.27.

1- Added a new
sky & clouds.

2- Added with success
stars and clouds.
_______

Recently, all those games will
still in preparation or
will be released.

Thanks for watching
my threads!
_______

Friendly,

Xilvan(Posted 2015) [#22]
Hi everyone,

Here was our latest videos:

Candy's Space Mysteries:
Video #2

Recently, I'm at v10.37 of this brilliant
Spatial/Platformer game from
Xilvan Design.

Constantly, I'm up to continue
this project until v10.47!

Special thanks to everybody who
encouraged me to continue
this game!

Since a time, I accept comments.
Feel free to comment
our projects!

Weblog:
-Candy Space Mysteries's Blog-

Official Website:
-Candy Space Mysteries's Website-

Game Commands & Help:
-Candy Space Mysteries's Help Website-

Hope you'll find all the
informations you
are needing!

"Please, bookmark & share the pages!

Thanks you for
supporting
us!"

Friendly,

Xilvan(Posted 2016) [#23]
Hi everybody,

Recently,
I created a whole new galleries
for my long awaited games!

Recently, Candy's Space Mysteries v10.37
was in preparation in our little studio.

Also, I fixed the ancient solar
system composed of 63 planets.

Then, There are terrain fixing changes for the v2.57 of Candy World II, the v1.27 of Candy Racing Cup, the v1.55
of the amazing Candy to the Rescue IV are in preparation & v3.27 Lights of Dreams IV are already launched!

Trailer #3 - Candy's Space Mysteries v9.95

-Gallery #5 for Candy's Space Mysteries v9.95-
_____

Trailer #1 - Lights of Dreams IV v2.97

-Gallery #2 for Lights of Dreams IV v2.97-
_______

Hope you'll appreciate these updates
with plenty of new ideas & bugs fix!

Friendly,