and the robot is simply awesome.

Please continue making great games !

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#4]
Nice details.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#5]
Hi, Edit First Post, new images.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#6]
Looking pretty awesome Yue!

I was even able to tilt it while driving recklessly.

Then I was able to put it back on it's feet by driving in circles on 3 wheels really fast and then suddenly go back straight, which worked, just as in real life! This is great for the gameplay!

Also sound is a lot better and the overall controls and hud / signals are working nicely.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#7]
@Rick Nasher

I have a concern, I remember that I do not speak English and sometimes the translator of google does not help much. You are going too fast?

Should go slow.

Greetings.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#8]
Hi Yue. It is good that the robot can fall. It adds to the game excitement. The robot fell on it's side from a hill because i was driving too fast.
I was then able to drive in circles on 3 wheels at high speed. If you then suddenly drive straight, it jumps back on 6 wheels.

This is very good physics. I like it.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#9]
Hello, what I think is happening in you that machine because it is much more powerful than mine, where that does not happen. And I have no clue how to fix it on my machine this is slow, that is not run like a race car.

In this case I think it is something related to physics balla, the Step and Tween. I'm worried.

Oster(Posted 2014) [#10]
Hi Yue, what you say, has a solution, you should investigate RenderWorld [Tween] and looking at the examples a demo called Castle, I would help in any machine game has the same speed.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2014) [#11]
This looks good Yue...You improve more and more...some day a game.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#12]
@Oster thank you. =)

thank you all.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#13]
No, no: please leave it like that. It is very cool. :-)

Yue(Posted 2014) [#14]
I'm really confused, is that other computers would not run at that speed, for example in mine runs very slowly, and more powerful computers would come very fast.

Yue(Posted 2014) [#15]

Derron(Posted 2014) [#16]
Nice to see it evolve - nice screenshot, looks kind of "burning wheels" (accelerating with brakes activated). Speedobot :D

Another thing you can do with "particles" - as you now use a "dust texture" which are most of the times "grayscale" you might even tint the particle depending on the ground (eg using the "average color" of your ground texture).
In your case the ground is kind of orangebrown - so the dust could get tintet ("colorized") a bit with that orangebrown-color.
Hmm your screen already looks like you tinted it ... but with the current color it looks like clouds in the sky with a sun going down/rising.

Do not misunderstand me: I like the shot, just trying to fiddle around with some ideas to climb the next step.

Think if you add big obstacles (stones, small hills, fantastic formations of "stone piles") the whole thing will increase again.

bye
Ron

Yue(Posted 2014) [#17]
Derron Hello friend, I am aware that many things have to improve, but I think I'm not making a video game, but rather learning things. In this case I value greatly the advice of experienced and always willing to learn from those who are above me people. The fact is that I have much to learn.

Try leaving tire marks on the ground.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2014) [#18]
Hey that's looking interesting. Done using Tron's code, or something else?

Perhaps you can texturize the tire marks?

Yue(Posted 2015) [#19]

I picked up the project the robot on Mars.

Hardcoal(Posted 2015) [#20]
send me to mars!

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#21]
Cool!

Hardcoal(Posted 2015) [#22]
the whole idea of a game over mars is really charming me..

Blitzplotter(Posted 2015) [#23]
Good luck with this Yue :0

Xilvan(Posted 2015) [#24]
Great idea of remake!

This is looking real!

Good luck to Yue!