Low Poly Male Female Base Models!

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Low Poly Male Female Base Models!

Amon(Posted 2013) [#1]
[Edit]****

I've uploaded the models to opengameart. http://opengameart.org/users/amon

Why? Somebody from there did something very generous for me, basically some art that I had to pay for that he did for me. I paid but he refunded the money and wished me luck with the project. In the end he changed his mind, he still didn't take the money, and asked me to do something similar for others by uploading any content that was mine to opengameart as payment.

This prompted me to start uploading various art to opengameart including these two models which cost me hundreds of pounds to have made.

The modeler is an extremely talented artist known as Mr_Necturus.

I hope people find them useful. If you do find them useful please if you have any art/gfx/music/sounds that could benefit others projects then kindly upload them to opengameart.org.

Ta!

:

Imperium(Posted 2013) [#2]
Very nice! Are these rigged also or models only?

Ringo(Posted 2013) [#3]
same,are they animated.

Amon(Posted 2013) [#4]
Sorry for the late reply!

As these are base meshes they are not rigged or animated. Their purpose is for modification to make other characters; basically they exist so you need not start from scratch but rather start from how they are now ( modelled and optimized ) and with your fav modeller modify/change them etc to build new characters. Then you can rig and animate your new character model.

So yah! You basically buy the base mesh so you don't have to start from scratch.

hmm! I think I repeated myself a few times in this post, I'm very tired so apologies if my reply here is somewhat disorganized.

Ta!

Derron(Posted 2013) [#5]
I like the overall shape/model style - but may I ask why there are triangles at the front side of the chest (male model) - there is no need for them to exist (concerning edge loops). Also that "black" quad at the male pelvis looks kind of misplaced (while the one at the female model looks nice) - maybe one could improve that spot a bit.
The buttocks of the female model has a "triangle like" polygon on each half - which is modeled better on the male model. Hmm and the knees on both.. they use multiple triangles (i think you used them for deformation purposes) but I think you could remove some of them.

The above is a personal review of the model screenshots you provided. I just wonder what makes it worth the price of $35 - compared to "Make Human" and other free base models (some of them already contain rigs...).

Please take it as a personal opinion and not as a rant, I just mentioned some things which sprang to my eye.

PS: I suggest to also provide product pictures with subdivide-modifiers - there you see how the model looks without further modification. Normally this should improve the models render output quite a lot.

bye
Ron

Amon(Posted 2013) [#6]
[Edit]****

I've uploaded the models to opengameart. http://opengameart.org/users/amon

Why? Somebody from there did something very generous for me, basically some art that I had to pay for that he did for me. I paid but he refunded the money and wished me luck with the project. In the end he changed his mind, he still didn't take the money, and asked me to do something similar for others by uploading any content that was mine to opengameart as payment.

This prompted me to start uploading various art to opengameart including these two models which cost me hundreds of pounds to have made.

The modeler is an extremely talented artist known as Mr_Necturus.

I hope people find them useful. If you do find them useful please if you have any art/gfx/music/sounds that could benefit others projects then kindly upload them to opengameart.org.

Ta!

: