Creepy places

Community Forums/Graphic Chat/Creepy places

Kryzon(Posted 2013) [#1]
I want to make a suspense or horror game. I went out at midnight (that magic hour) to take some photos.
You see, I kept in mind the stylistic choice used in the menu of the game "Hunter Hunted", from Sierra. They used pictures of real-life stuff for graphics (screenshot linky).

Anyway, I've taken some pictures of real-life stuff as well, just a lot more minimalistic, of anything that could fit as a menu or options screen.

Make sure you listen to something like this while you're looking at them.

Feel free to use these pics; Just give cred if you do. And if you live near a creepy place, why not take some cinematic pics and share here too.

_PJ_(Posted 2013) [#2]
The one with the handrail (second from left) - is that actually descending?
That's certainly the creepiest I think, like something out of F.E.A.R

The last one ont he right reminds me of some Korean/Japanese horror movies i.e. Ju-On, Dark Water, etc.

GfK(Posted 2013) [#3]
The second one reminds me of a more 'modern' version of Mary King's Close in Edinburgh.

Kryzon(Posted 2013) [#4]
The second one is a ramp indeed, from a local food store.
It goes down to the parking lot, so at this hour it's really dark in there. It's my favorite as well.

This is another shot of this place, it shows the ramp a little better:

Regarding the other pictures, I figure it would be a nice touch to have an animated shadow slither in from a corner, as if something's expecting you (or maybe walk by the window on pic #3, come back and stare at you for a while).

@GfK: That would look great with some torches for lighting.

D4NM4N(Posted 2013) [#5]
You need urban exploration!
https://www.google.se/search?q=urban+exploration&hl=en&safe=off&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=r7ZUUdH-ONCP4gSiuICQAQ&ved=0CEUQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=1069
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_exploration

-especially of ones featuring london and new york.

GfK(Posted 2013) [#6]
@GfK: That would look great with some torches for lighting.
Have a read up on it. I've been down there and it is an ultra-creepy place (and extremely haunted).

D4NM4N(Posted 2013) [#7]
horrid history too :D
Edinburgh is awwesome, did you do the ghost tour (was total cheese but scared the shit out of the missus... especially the bit with the walled up "bridge vaults" and the stories of the "illegal homeless" and their terrible underground world. -well worth the money. :))

GfK(Posted 2013) [#8]
Nah, I only went in Mary King's Close, and as I was on holiday and already wearing my emergency pants, I didn't do the ghost tour.

Amon(Posted 2013) [#9]
Since watching the TV Show Most Haunted whenever I'm in a creepy place it's not the ghosts I worry about but rather Derek Acorah jumping out at me with his spasm face in full gear!

Imperium(Posted 2013) [#10]
First I thought those were rendered graphics... My eyes went ( 0) (0 )