Unwrap3d error - "Failed to create empty document"

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Unwrap3d error - "Failed to create empty document"

KronosUK(Posted 2012) [#1]
Has anybody ever had this error when starting Ultimate Unwrap3d.

Program was working fine about 3 weeks ago now I get this error whenever I try and run it. I'm on windows 7 64bit.

I think something must have changed on the pc but no idea what.

Imperium(Posted 2012) [#2]
Try reinstalling the program. These days simply viewing a web-page can screw up software on your pc. (or install unwanted crap) Make sure to stay safe and use something like http://www.sandboxie.com and create a virtual version of your browser. After uninstalling the program use Ccleaner to clear out the registry junk left behind.

Also, how goes your Armour-Geddon/Battlezone style game? I am very interested in developing something similar.

Last edited 2012

KronosUK(Posted 2012) [#3]
I have tried reinstalling but that didn't work. Haven't tried a total clean yet though. I think some permissions somewhere are screwed up.

As for my game, its not really going anywhere at the moment. Everytime I start looking at vehicle control/ai specifically combat ai, I get bogged down.

Latest attempt was to go for a back to basics approach so that I could concentrate on this one area and hopefully get it licked. However I haven't revisited it in a couple of months.

Last edited 2012

KronosUK(Posted 2012) [#4]
I have stumbled upon a workaround for this.

I setup another user profile on Windows7 with admin privileges(may not be necessary!) and when I log on under this new profile UU3D starts fine.