Fantasy Avatar Creator

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Fantasy Avatar Creator

Krischan(Posted 2012) [#1]
This is very stunning and exactly what I was looking for, the Online Fantasy Avatar Creator

Here is one example I created in a few seconds using this great tool:

Sung(Posted 2012) [#2]
Very nice found. Thanks for sharing it!

D4NM4N(Posted 2012) [#3]
what is the licence ?

D4NM4N(Posted 2012) [#4]
damn cant use it for games without consent.

5. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
The Service is protected to the maximum extent permitted by copyright laws and international treaties. The Composite displayed on or through the Service is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws, and international conventions. Any reproduction, modification, creation of derivative works from or redistribution of the Service or the collective work, meaning, the Composite, and/or copying or reproducing the Service or any portion thereof to any other server or location for further reproduction or redistribution is prohibited without the express written consent of ageofgames.net.
Although ageofgames.net does not claim ownership of Content that users upload, post, email or otherwise make available via the Service, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to ageofgames.net an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, royalty-free, sublicenseable, transferable, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute the Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, the Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses (through multiple tiers) of the foregoing always only for the purposes of the Service. Furthermore, by uploading, posting, emailing or otherwise making available via the Service, Content, you automatically grant ageofgames.net all rights necessary to prohibit any subsequent aggregation, display, copying, duplication, reproduction, or exploitation of the Content on the Service by any party for any purpose.

TBH it should not be too hard to make something like this.... hmm... perhaps a community project. I would be up for it.

Last edited 2012

Krischan(Posted 2012) [#5]
Yeah, the Eyes / Nose / Mouth / Ears / Background / Weapons should be no problem, you can grab them from real faces, feather and predraw them on a neutral human (male/female) reference model, I can do this in photoshop very easy and it can be simulated in a small application very simple. Here a quick and dirty test using face parts from a mugshot (eyes, nose, beard, hair):

The hard part will be the hair, the armour and clothes matching the body, the throat, the neck, the head. I didn't manage to get any good looking armour placed on it. That is what is absolutely brilliant in the avatar creator I linked here, beside the nice near-real comic style. You must be a talented artist to create such graphics and I'm not good into this.

By the way - if you want to create real looking faces check the free version of Facegen. You can even create an avatar of yourself using a real picture and the free version can export an image.

For the Avatar Creator you could ask in their forums under which terms you can use the exported avatars. Perhaps it can be used for free indie games.

RifRaf(Posted 2012) [#6]
thats pretty neat.. i used psp to make some filter effects then used
http://www.myspacegens.com/handler.php?gen=animatedimage&p=view

to make a animated gif, a person could do much better with effects than me, I was going for under a water type of effect, but a very nice little tool for rpg makers everywhere

Last edited 2012