(Freelance) 3D Character Artist Needed

Community Forums/Developer Stations/(Freelance) 3D Character Artist Needed

Gabriel(Posted 2012) [#1]
I need a 3D character artist to model and texture 10-12 characters. I do not need them rigged or animated at this stage, but this should be considered when modelling - particularly the face where at least the mouth will be animated.

I have concept art for all of the models. The style must be non-realistic, cartoon/comic style. No other production artwork exists so if you have a very stylized style, that can be accommodated. It needs to be a clean style though.

Each model has a maximum budget of 2,500 triangles, and one 2048x2048 diffuse map. No normal or specular maps are required or possible. Target platforms are Windows, Mac, iOS and Android, with non-mobile console platforms also a distinct possibility. This is a remote position.

My budget is around $500 USD per character. So around $5k-$6k in total. I'm very flexible on timescales and deadlines, only somewhat flexible on price and not remotely flexible on quality. If your portfolio does not contain examples of non-realistic characters *without normal and specular maps* then I regret that I will not be able to consider your application.

My email address is in my profile.

Gabriel(Posted 2012) [#2]
I wasn't sure whether Content Creation or General Questions was more appropriate. Feel free to move it if it's misplaced.

Kryzon(Posted 2012) [#3]
Hi Gabriel,
I forwarded your request to Kleber, an excellent artist I know.

He should be contacting you soon.

Last edited 2012

Gabriel(Posted 2012) [#4]
Thanks man. I got the email from Kleber.

I have had an awful lot of portfolios emailed to me, and a lot of talented artists to choose between. Choosing one was hell, but I believe I have found the ideal artist to create these characters for me.

There were too many people to respond to individually, but I want to thank everyone for applying. I will definitely be keeping the contact details for some of the artists who contacted me, as there were some very talented people I'd really like to work with in the future.