FLStudio - Copy Note Velocities?

Community Forums/Developer Stations/FLStudio - Copy Note Velocities?

QuickSilva(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi all,

Can anyone here be kind enough to tell me if it is possible to copy note velocities in FLStudio and then paste them to be used for another section of notes?

For example, I have a melody with the velocities set, then I have the rest of my melody that contains different notes but I still want to keep the same velocities as the first notes and not have to manually set them all again. Can this be done?

I have looked on the FLStudio forums for similar questions but none seem to have been answered. Maybe it just cannot be done?

(Any workarounds would be helpful)

Jason.

LineOf7s(Posted 2011) [#2]
Had a look for you and a poke around FL10... but I got nothin'. Sorry. :o)

Kryzon(Posted 2011) [#3]
I have never seen such a feature in it.

The two ways to reproduce this (albeit manually) are:
- Copy and paste the first melody and move it to where the second melody should start. Go through all these copied notes, changing their durations and tones so they actually play the second melody (while keeping the velocities from the original). This way is faster.

- When you double click any note on the Piano Roll a property box appears, where you can set with a knob the note's velocity (indirectly knowing its current velocity too). So go through every note in the first melody, open properties, see what's the velocity, then go through every note in the second melody and knob their velocities in to follow the same ordered values. This way is slower and you'll spend a lot of double-clicks.

QuickSilva(Posted 2011) [#4]
Sorry for the late reply, just wanted to say thanks for the help. I`m using pretty much the same methods as describe but I was hopeful of a better solution.

Jason.