Cinema 4d animated mesh to b3d that works :O)

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Cinema 4d animated mesh to b3d that works :O)

Pete Carter(Posted 2011) [#1]
This maybe old news for some but Ive been away for about 2 years and have just returned to see if I could resume my old project after giving up with the stupid way i was animating my models. because of cinema4d not having a good exporter. Now i visit the ultimate unwrap3d page to get the latest version of the uv editor to find a working cinema4d file importer. Ive just tested a animated mesh and it import and exported without issue just needed a bit of scaling.

Pete Carter(Posted 2011) [#2]
maybe a bigger deal for me than others :O)

6(Posted 2011) [#3]
Hi Pete,

This is quite interesting to me too. I have used the XPORT plugin with weighted vertex animations in C4D, but never used unwrap3d. Could you give us a quick set of steps on what you did? Cheers.

Pete Carter(Posted 2011) [#4]
You can just use any of the animation tools in Cinema4d i used the joint tool and paint tool to paint the vertex weights on. you can then just save as a c4d file then load in unwrap with the c4d plugin. you may need to normalize the model as there many be some bones that effect to many vertices as blitz only supports 3 i think. but then you can save as a b3d file. there are limits it doesnt like it if you have more than one surface in the model. and the scale is really large. but it works and doesnt take ages going back and forwards between programs. oh i forgot a step bake the keyframes before export :O)

Last edited 2011