Google Sketch

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Google Sketch

blackwater(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone had any opinions or feedback on using google sketch to make 2D isometric art? I found a tutorial to adjust the camera for isometric art, but as someone who doesn't have much art experience, would it be feasible? I'm not referring to serious, detailed game art but more along the lines of Fallout 2 or Baulders Gate kind of art, objects such as walls, desks, tables, various furniture, etc.

I would love to hear any thoughts on the topic!

Matty(Posted 2011) [#2]
I would have thought that Fallout 2 or Baldur's Gate was *very* serious detailed game art?

Pretty much any 3d package that has a decent renderer should suffice.

ima747(Posted 2011) [#3]
Depending on the scale of the assets you want to design, and assuming they're "engineered" (i.e. not people or other organic stuff) it should be pretty good. Certainly not on the level of a professional suite with full lighting control etc. etc. but it should make up for that somewhat by being CRAZY easy to use by comparison :0)

If you want to go heavy duty though I'm a fan of Blender (blender.org). All the muscle, none of the cost... but with a lot of head scratching to get started.