Medieval4D early adopter licence

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Medieval4D early adopter licence

6(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi Everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that Medieval4D ( v0.7) is now available for purchase.

I'm currently offering an early adopter licence for an introductory price of US$30. This licence allows you use any models created with Medieval4D to be used in any of your game products, and also receive free tool/media upgrades when they're ready. Because Medieval4D is still a work in progress please pay particular attention to the EULA before deciding to purchase.

What is Medieval4D
Medieval4D is a 3D tool and media set which allows you to build a variety of medieval structures such as houses, inn's, cottages etc by using a simple drag and drop interface. You can create 'shell' structures for an RTS style game or create fully 3D structures that the player can explore inside. You can build your own LODs for each structure by adding or removing the smaller detailed parts of the model, and there is even the ability to export a separate collision model. Once your structure is finished you can export it to the .X format for use in your games.

Finished models can also be shared with other Medieval4D users, so even if you don't have time to build your own structures you can just copy/paste models from the online Structures Database and modify them to your own needs.

* For more information on Medieval4D, click here

* To see what structures are currently available in the database, click here

* To see some user interface, in game and rendered screenshots of Medieval4D in action, click here

* If you think you've read enough and want to try it out, an export disabled demo is available . You can download the demo here

Here are some pics of models in a game setting:

Last edited 2011

slenkar(Posted 2011) [#2]
how do the interiors look?

mrniceguy(Posted 2011) [#3]
Does it allow to import and use own textures and models?

6(Posted 2011) [#4]
Does it allow to import and use own textures and models?

Not with v0.7, but this functionality is being worked on. The ability to add in your textures and objects will impact on a number of different aspects of Medieval4D, ( such as sharing models), so I'll need to spend a bit of time getting it working right. I have got a date in mind of when this will be ready.

how do the interiors look?

Here are some screenshots from a couple of models from the above test level map I'm playing with in Torque3d. Note that these screens show textures with Normal maps applied which are not currently included v0.7. The Normal and Specular maps will be available once I've finished the collada export function I'm currently working on.

D4NM4N(Posted 2011) [#5]
Very nice

Hotshot2005(Posted 2011) [#6]
very good :)

slenkar(Posted 2011) [#7]
the interiors also look pro, good one

klepto2(Posted 2011) [#8]
hi, I have purchased the early adopter version and i'm very impressed by this tool. It is amazing how fast you can setup a whole set of houses with vaying small details etc. . I use it to create assets for my Leadwerks project and i have converted the .x export very easily into the gmf format and here is a screen showing a house in the Leadwerks Editor:

Hotshot2005(Posted 2011) [#9]
very nice :)
how long did take you build or model the house?

klepto2(Posted 2011) [#10]
not much as it is one of the sample, but it took me about 5 minutes and i had 5 different variants of the same house.

I think one of the biggest compliment is that everyone i showed this till now was thinking the house was coming from some professional 3d site.

mrniceguy(Posted 2011) [#11]
Is it allowed to sell the exported models?

6(Posted 2011) [#12]
Hey klepto2, I'm glad to see everything is working alright. Just let me know if there is anything you need to help you build your own models, and I'll see what I can do. I must get some tutorials up soon! Nice screenshot too btw :)

Is it allowed to sell the exported models?

Sorry, mrniceguy, but models made with medieval4d can not be re-sold. There are details on this in section 2a of the EULA here.

Cheers

Last edited 2011

Hotshot2005(Posted 2011) [#13]
it would be nice if I could copy and paste the models which make quicker to make models...

for example

}= Line of wall

}
}
}

instead of doing each wall for right hand side....I could try copy all the models of left hand side and move on right side like this

}     }
}     }
}     }

Try make house quicker that way

Another thing....do you have Undo when the person make the mistake?

These two thing would be great!

6(Posted 2011) [#14]
Hi,

Yes, there is a long list of features to implement and some kind of 'grouping' mechanism needs to be added. I'm not sure when I'll get around to this though.

An undo feature would need to be included to, but I haven't even started to think how this could be implemented.

I have a list of bugs to fix and changes to implement on my site, which as you can see there are quite a few things to do. Other users have suggested some good ideas too so I need to update the list soon.

http://modbox4d.com/changeList.html

Now I just have to find the time to get it all done!

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2011) [#15]
Cool Tool, good luck with it.

MCP(Posted 2011) [#16]
Your attention to detail is quite amazing! Very impressive.

matty47(Posted 2011) [#17]
I have to give this a thumbs up as well. Well thought out and well worth the money. I have purchased and look forward to further updates. I don't see any reason why this would be limited to "medieval" buildings, just change some textures and I'm sure other periods would be able to be constructed just as easily.
Matthew