Road Terrain?

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Road Terrain?

Yue(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hello, a tool to build roads terrain quickly and effectively?

Hotshot2005(Posted 2010) [#2]
I think FREE WORLD 3D does that but I am not sure....
Leadwork does Road Terrain but it does cost to buy thought

dawlane(Posted 2010) [#3]
I think that Free world 3D is no more.... their web page has gone

Last edited 2010

D4NM4N(Posted 2010) [#4]
What do you mean by road terrain? do you mean a tool that can flatten a landscape smoothly in a path like a road (in accordance to height, rather than just "chomping" at same level)
my ted app can do roads, but i am not sure if they are what you want (try demo with smooth/level tool and a square 'brush')

Last edited 2010

Yue(Posted 2010) [#5]
Hi, I appreciate your help in the matter, the missing freeworld3d has an option to make roads but unfortunately I could not export the mesh of the road, only the ground in obj.

TED I'm not sure that is what I need, I need an alternative to the terrain mesh, for DECT collisions of asphalt and grass alike to control the speed and performance in different fields of physics of the car.

Road FreeWorld3D

Terrain mesh
Road Mesh

Hotshot2005(Posted 2010) [#6]
How on earth did you get FreeWord3D IDE when their website is gone!?

Last edited 2010

Yue(Posted 2010) [#7]
This download it for a year and a half of the site when the web was still in the air and it is unfortunate that the developer no longer appears on any side and the project seems to have disappeared.

The program painted very well but hey it's a shame and not more.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2010) [#8]
OH dear FreeWorld 3D look good and I guess Blender could do Road Terrain

Yue(Posted 2010) [#9]
if you only wanted to avoid a few hours of work, I exported freeworld3d about arhiva of ogre, among these the road in txt format, any chance of taking the data that I think are ascci, into a mesh?.

D4NM4N(Posted 2010) [#10]
I need an alternative to the terrain mesh, for DECT collisions of asphalt and grass alike to control the speed and performance in different fields of physics of the car.
Each layer is a separate and opimised mesh so you can so different physics depending on which mesh you are hitting.

Thats one way,

another is to do a second, invisible, fully lit camera down render to a buffer only a few pixels square. Depending on the RGB shift of the average color you can establish what surface you are on.

Last edited 2010

Leon Drake(Posted 2010) [#11]
lofts in 3ds max work really well

Hotshot2005(Posted 2011) [#12]
Leadwerks 2 can make Roads so easy but it come in cost of £200!

stayne(Posted 2011) [#13]
Try Bob's Track Builder.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2011) [#14]
Bob's Track Builder? Any good?