Help CharacterFX

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Help CharacterFX

Yue(Posted 2010) [#1]

I have a problem, I'm making a simple animation to move a limb, but in the Blitz3D engine, the movement block and the arm moves away from the shaft shoulder.

Any suggestions?

Yeshu777(Posted 2010) [#2]
CreatePivot?

A pivot entity is an invisible point in 3D space that's main use is to act as a parent entity to other entities. The pivot can then be used to control lots of entities at once, or act as new centre of rotation for other entities.

Yue(Posted 2010) [#3]

Hello, I have the animated character with a walk, but when exported to b3d and to its implementation in the engine doing the character animation is deformed but an arm there, head over there all damaged.

if I do not understand my English is very bad.

jhocking(Posted 2010) [#4]
He means the animation is done within CharacterFX (note the thread title.)

I've seen some incompatibilities with b3d models from CharacterFX when loaded in minib3d, but I've never had any issues using them in Blitz3D. Maybe you should post the CharacterFX file so people can take a look at it directly?

Yue(Posted 2010) [#5]
if I put the model here cfx format, used in CharacterFX, the case is that this is a simple animation of 30 frames where lower arm and returns it to its original position, but Blitz3D, damaged all the excitement and the arm takes strange movement.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0o2sza0k70so3tj

characterFX note that in the animation works correctly, as in other programs such as MilkShape.

thank you in advance for help.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2011) [#6]
Make sure to set a key for every bone on the very first frame. Also make sure all vertices are bound to the correct bones. Make sure not to use too much weighting, don't bind vertices to more than 2 bones (IMHO), this would slow things down and if you by accident use too much bones, who knows what's gonna happen, bugous behaviour wouldn't be surprising.

Last edited 2011