Removing shine from .b3d files in Ultimate Unwrap

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Removing shine from .b3d files in Ultimate Unwrap

puki(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi,

Shiny .b3d models are annoying - ie ones that look like they have EntityShininess 1 built into the model by default.

I remove this effect in Ultimate Unwrap by re-saving the file and deselecting the 'Export Materials'.

Is this the right way to do it? It works, but I just want to know if it is the correct way to do it.

If it is the right way, or an acceptable way of doing it, then great - as it is an easy enough way to solve this annoying problem.

proud2bme(Posted 2010) [#2]
It's really easy to edit materials in Unwrap3D. Just go in the Scene panel (click Window and check Scene if it's not there), click on your object's material and edit it to your heart's content. Sometimes Specular can be mistaken for Shininess-both can be altered in the window.

lo-tekk(Posted 2010) [#3]
Strangely, setting the shininess to the maximum of 128.0 in unwrap seems to show (nearly) no visible shininess. Changing this setting even to zero reveals some degree of shininess. So i let the setting alone and export what i need. Since i want my models textured i usually check Export Material. Btw. i am using the older v 2.x.

puki(Posted 2010) [#4]
Aha, yes, I see the Shininess setting.

Thanks.

My way worked though - not sure why, but let's not split hairs.