blender particles

Community Forums/Developer Stations/blender particles

sirus(Posted 2009) [#1]
ok im new to blitz3d and blender but i wanted to know if you can use particles from blender in blitz3d (and if so) - how ? oh and how do you use gimp to paint uvmapps in blender can you put uvmaps from blender into gimp i did once but it came up with nothing in gimp so i couldnt tell where to paint !

Volker(Posted 2009) [#2]
oh and how do you use gimp to paint uvmapps in blender can you put uvmaps from blender into gimp i did once but it came up with nothing in gimp so i couldnt tell where to paint !

youcouldsavealotoftimeifyoustopuseingblankstooinadditiontonotusing
punctuationmarkswouldbehardtoreadfortherestoftheforum
butthatsnotreallyimportantibelieve
sorryforbeingofftopicbutmaybrainisstillsufferingfromreadingyourpost

sirus(Posted 2009) [#3]
and why bother posting if you have nothing good to say. i ask for help and all i get is you telling me how to write my post thanks alot.

Matty(Posted 2009) [#4]
Particles in blitz3d are simply quads, either represented with sprites (easy but inefficient way), quads which you create yourself in code and use a single surface for them, or you can use a particle system like particlecandy (which uses a single surface system using quads or triangles).

As far as I know, you cannot simply export particles from any modelling app and have them render in blitz3d with a simple load'n'play command - although you could write your own.

Regarding the earlier reply to your post by Volker, I would tend to agree that without correct punctuation / spelling / grammar it can make posts much harder to decipher which in turn means you are likely to get less helpful responses.

sirus(Posted 2009) [#5]
thanks matty, but what about the uvmaps

Matty(Posted 2009) [#6]
Creating the UV coord set for a mesh varies as to how you go about doing it for different 3d apps, and not having used blender I cannot really assist with this further.

sirus(Posted 2009) [#7]
ok thanks

Ked(Posted 2009) [#8]
Where's your punctuation?

Just kidding. :)

sirus(Posted 2009) [#9]
so how do you make hair then?

K(Posted 2010) [#10]
For the UV mapping, click UVs>>Scripts>>"Save UV Face Layout".