Problems with animated 3ds files in Anim8or...

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Problems with animated 3ds files in Anim8or...

SuperRoboFan(Posted 2009) [#1]
I'm trying to use Anim8or to create some animated .3ds files for a game. I made a sequence and used the "export" option to create a .3ds file, but when I use them in Blitz3D, they won't animate! I even tried using some animated 3ds files from one of Blitz3D's demo programs, and those worked. Clearly the code I wrote is working, but any animated 3ds files I create won't work! Can someone tell me what I did wrong??

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2009) [#2]
As far as I know the latest version of Anim8or can export animated B3D, or maybe it was only a plugin somebody wrote for Anim8or? However, search the forum, there was something with animated B3D and Anim8or.
3DS Export from Anim8or as fas as I recall has never been animated.

BTW next time post such questions in "content creation tools" section.

Drak(Posted 2010) [#3]
I use anim8or for modeling because it is soooo easy to use once you get the hang of it. Maybe all modeling programs are like that. Anyway, the creator of Anim8or never implemented exporting .3ds models WITH animation. There is an option for it in the menu system, but it does not work. The model will export, but will have no animation data exported with it. You'll have to use another animation program. I think Anim8or's animation system is pretty lacking anyway, although I do like the modeling part of it.

Dreamora(Posted 2010) [#4]
3DS modles don't support any animation other than object transform changes (entityscale, entityposition, entityrotation)

There is no skeletal animation or anything alike that on 3DS :)