Blender with dual head is great :)

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Blender with dual head is great :)

D4NM4N(Posted 2009) [#1]
Finally got my second monitor back

I had a fiddle with blender on 2 monitors, the interface is amazingly configurable so i can do almost any layout i like :D

Its bloody awesome for gimp too :)

Its been a while since i used 2 and now i remember how much better it is!

Beaker(Posted 2009) [#2]
Maybe you need 2 of these:
http://www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/en/gb/consumer/cc/_categoryid_CINEMA219_FLAT_TV_SE_GB_CONSUMER/features

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#3]
I wish I had another monitor for GIMP... can't stand the multi-window interface now, but with two monitors I bet its great.

Problem is the only other monitors I have are big CRT's and I have a tiny desk :(

Hotshot2005(Posted 2009) [#4]
it is easy to build a house in blender?
you could a tutorial :)

D4NM4N(Posted 2009) [#5]
lol i just made that house in like 10 minutes to see what modelling felt like with that layout, i didnt save it or anything.
(its not supposed to be good)

Bender is quite easy (and nice) to use when you get over the inital "this is soooo horribly different" shock.
There are loads of good getting started tuts/vids on their website, youtube etc. if u are interested.

@beaker, lol i think just one of those would do (provided it had at least 1024 in the vertical) :D

Hotshot2005(Posted 2009) [#6]
I like to build what you have build D4NMAN :)

Hotshot2005(Posted 2009) [#7]
I know how to load background in Blender but how do wrap box on side car?

D4NM4N(Posted 2009) [#8]
"do wrap box on side car" o_O ?

Blitzplotter(Posted 2009) [#9]
@D4nM4N

Bender is quite easy (and nice) to use when you get over the inital "this is soooo horribly different" shock.
There are loads of good getting started tuts/vids on their website, youtube etc. if u are interested.

do you mean like Futurama Bender ?

Only joking, I heard a while back there was a new release of Blender due, must go and have a look see....

http://www.blender.org/download/get-blender/

We are big fans of GIMP (my wife is the GIMP expert) also, might get around to making my Pill Box in Blender this weekend with a little help from GIMP.

dawlane(Posted 2009) [#10]
Having two monitors does make life easy, though it can make you feel like your watching tennis ;)

GIB3D(Posted 2009) [#11]
lol i just made that house in like 10 minutes

I can barely make a cube on Blender in 10 minutes. It about that long just to find the button. I wish I could afford Maya, I could make really extremely awesomely good stuff with it.

plash(Posted 2009) [#12]
Looks awesome. I wonder how well Blender 2.5 will work with it ;)

Might I ask.. what card do you have?
ATI butchered the drivers for Ubuntu 9.04, so I don't have any 3D support anymore.

Mortiis(Posted 2009) [#13]
Blender is easy, it's just about finding the good tutorial, and not fearing the interface. You will use keyboard shortcuts %90 of the time anyway.