Free PaintShop pro x?

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Free PaintShop pro x?

Happy Sammy(Posted 2009) [#1]
http://apps.corel.com/lp/lexar/4157/index.html?trkid=lexarstarterpspx

SLotman(Posted 2009) [#2]
Is that for real???? They giving it away for free?? Or is it a trial disguised as full version?

Anyway I'm downloading it ;)
Thanks for the tip!

Destroyer(Posted 2009) [#3]
Thanks for the link Happy Sammy :)

Downloding now.

Another good paint package is Paint.net, also free :)

edit: i keep getting BSOD after it installs and runs for the first time, even tried the xp compatible mode :(

Thanks

Destroyer

Barnabius(Posted 2009) [#4]
That looks like it's version 10.1. The latest version is 12.5 and is still very much a payware product. Anyways, this is a good download for a lot of people. Thanks Happy Sammy.

Barney

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2009) [#5]
So the 10.1 is totally free, not a trial, right? I am trying it now, pretty nice, hopefully free of a catch?

therevills(Posted 2009) [#6]
hopefully free of a catch

Only catch Ive seen is that every time you quit, you get a popup asking you to get Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo XI, which you can just click close...

SLotman(Posted 2009) [#7]
Beware: this comes with a Spyware!!!!

Even worst: the full version (I knew this was going to happen once Jasc was sold to Corel) also comes with it!

To remove it, check this post: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/07/19/corel-paint-shop-pro-x-free-full-version-licensed-download/

It teaches how to remove the spyware, and also the annoying nag screen when you close the program.

Doggie(Posted 2009) [#8]
If they're giving it to me for free why are they making sure I didn't steal it????

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#9]
I have 8.0 full version I got years ago from a promotion, no popups ect.
I cant seem to find a feature list for 10.x
Is it worth all the hassle mentioned above to upgrade?

LineOf7s(Posted 2009) [#10]
The hassle, isn't. Really.

Whether you want to upgrade or not depends more on the application itself and whether any addition/improved features suit your needs rather than any perceived 'hassle'.

cyberyoyo(Posted 2009) [#11]
When I go to that list I get only a "free media one offer" but it doesn't seem to be PSP. Or did they just rename it?
Maybe the offer depends on the country? because I don't seem to be able to get to the PSP download.

Happy Sammy(Posted 2009) [#12]
It seems that the promotion of PSP expired. Corel then give another product for free. :(

Digital Anime(Posted 2009) [#13]
When Jasc went to Corel is the worst thing what happened to Paint Shop Pro. I have both Paint Shop Pro 6 and 9.

I like the older Paint Shop Pro versions cause it was the closest thing to Deluxe Paint (from Amiga) when you look at the tools and handling.

SLotman(Posted 2009) [#14]
Yup, I love PSP7... but it has some real problems on XP and Vista, so I thought this would be a cool upgrade.

Unfortunately it's much slower than PSP7, and has this spyware thing. A shame, really :(

D4NM4N(Posted 2009) [#15]
Bah, doesnt work in wine like PSP9 does so i think i will stick with Gimp. -which i have been using since i realised it is actually much better than PSP9 (at least in the raster dept).

Thanks for the link though i will install it on my windows machine and have a ganders.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2009) [#16]
Another vote here for GIMP, you don't generally get spyware with it neither.