IDEal - Intellisense

Community Forums/Developer Stations/IDEal - Intellisense

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#1]
intellisense is great but for some reason I can't figure out what key it is that selects the item listed in the intellisense when I use the down arrows to select. Thus far I've been mouse clicking it but in most GUI's you can press <Enter> or <Right Arrow>??? The IDEal forums appear to be derelict so I'm asking users of IDEal here.

Pongo(Posted 2009) [#2]
It's in the preferences,... the default key is "("

Note that this will also place that character after the command, which woks a lot of time, but other times I always have to hit backspace.

GfK(Posted 2009) [#3]
That sucks. It should be Space, Enter, Tab and Right Cursor.

D4NM4N(Posted 2009) [#4]
Afreed, Why cant it be alt+space, arrow key, enter like on most ides?

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#5]
Thanks for the comment GfK... Tab does it without adding any characters but is not indicated in the editor preferences.

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#6]
What he has done is combine auto-complete with intellisense in one system... kinda slick. I'm used to right arrow or enter but I can get used to Tab

The ( would be useful for commands, I might add = and \ as well for obvious reasons.

GIB3D(Posted 2009) [#7]
I use Tab and sometimes I click if I don't feel like scrolling 3 spaces down with the keys.

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#8]
Hmmm, anyone else having problems with IDEal when your program gets sizable?

specifically I'm having strict error highlighting problems in Types when I change type fields? Not all the time but sometimes.