Deled 2.0

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Deled 2.0

Aussie(Posted 2009) [#1]
Gday everyone.
Was just having a look at Deled & have seen a new version has been released. Deled 2.0 supports animation. Although there are no animation exporters at the moment i'm sure it wont be long untill they have one.
http://www.delgine.com/

Ian Thompson(Posted 2009) [#2]
Ive always liked Deled, it quick to work with and has has a lovely native file format that is easy to parse... animation is an unexpected bonus! nice post! :D

Digital Anime(Posted 2009) [#3]
I bought Deled Pro yesterday and I must agree on Ian it's really easy to use. Some good video tutorials on the website can learn you to model in only minutes. The only thing I was affraid of at start is if the Pro version would work under Vista, cause it doesn't seem to be supported, but I got no problems this far.

I hope the animation export to B3D files will be a fact soon then.

I tried some other stuff in the past as well like for example Blender, but the interface is too complex to create stuff fast and takes too long for me to get used too. Milkshape was very easy to start with but it has some limitations when you want to create bigger and more complex objects. I was also curious about LightRay 3D at first, cause it seems to have everything I would need and seems easy to use, but it had some mayor issues under Vista in combination with the Graphics card drivers when trying the 1.4 trial version, and besides that it seems like it is obsolete because there are no updates in the past year...

So if you are looking for something easy to start with which isn't that expensive to create B3D files, I would advice to try Deled Lite first and if you like it go for Pro if you need the extra options.

Ian Thompson(Posted 2009) [#4]
This can be a cheap addition for any 3D app Mark, http://www.fragmosoft.com , its a good little modeller, cheap and has animation... but I use it for a file format converter, which it is very good at! :)

andy_mc(Posted 2009) [#5]
I use deled, it's excellent for low poly modelling work, the CSG works pretty well in the pro version too.