:(

Mortiis(Posted 2008) [#2]
Doesn't Ricky have an e-mail address?

Happy Sammy(Posted 2008) [#3]
I emailed Ricky 3 days ago.
No reply so far.
:(

Ricky Smith(Posted 2008) [#4]
PaceMaker is now free on request by email until I get the latest version up for download - I am revamping the tutorials and seperating them into smaller chunks - they should be available from this weekend.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#5]
Hey Ricky. Is there anyway in pacemaker to permently delete the number of frames overall? I end up with 100's more than i need, and it's gets a little messy.

PS. i love pacemaker. One of the best blitz apps made. The IK is a little shaky though :P

Ricky Smith(Posted 2008) [#6]
Hi Ross - just extract the unwanted frames as a sequence and then delete that sequence - answer 'yes' when asked if you want to delete the underlying key frames. Should work ok - let me know if not !

puki(Posted 2008) [#7]
I love PaceMaker too.

Saved me a lot of hassle.

Still wish it had a batch option though.

puki(Posted 2008) [#8]
Wait a minute!

If it is now free, I wonder if "Ricky Smith" is going to leave and never come back? Maybe, this is his way of finalising things.

sniff.

therevills(Posted 2008) [#9]
Thanks a lot Ricky for this, this is great! I now can create my own B3D animations :-)

Happy Sammy(Posted 2008) [#10]
Hi Ricky,

Thank you for your x-max gift. :D
BTW, does this mean that 1.34d is the last version?

Thanks in advance

Ricky Smith(Posted 2008) [#11]
PS. i love pacemaker. One of the best blitz apps made. The IK is a little shaky though :P

Thanks mate ! Although when compared to apps like Gile[s] and Quill3D this is just a quaint little tool.
The "IK" is really just rag-doll physics. It was very tricky to get this to work with very large scale models. Even when scaling the forces in ratio to the size it was very shaky when the model was greater than about 50 blitz uits in any dimension.
The ODE engine simulates real-world physics and so you can imagine that a 50 or 100ft giant would behave differently to one that was 5' 10". You will get the best results if you scale your model to between 1 and 10 units.

I could have spent more time on this area, and will in the future, but for the moment rescaling your model is a good solution - if that is the case - maybe it IS just shakey :)
If you find you have to make too much mouse movement to get a reaction you can adjust the base torque and force values. Depending on the complexity and scale of the model more or less will be required. If large amounts of adjustment need to be made then this is a good indication that your model is a "giant" or a "microbe".

Make good use of the "anchor" option to pin down certain joints to prevent unwanted movement e.g if you only want the arm to move pin down the neck joint or the thorax.

I wonder if "Ricky Smith" is going to leave and never come back? Maybe, this is his way of finalising things.

You won't get rid of me that easily - and , in software terms at least, nothing is ever finalised !

Thank you for your x-max gift. :D
BTW, does this mean that 1.34d is the last version?

Your very welcome Sammy - and no, this is not the last version :)

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#12]
AH, thanks man. Some nice tips, i will try that. And don't be so modest. It's the best tool i've found for animating, at that price.

Iamhere(Posted 2008) [#13]
No thread for the free Pacemaker, so I thank you here very much for that great gift.

Litobyte(Posted 2008) [#14]
Thank you! Atomic work here !

My big congrats

Billp(Posted 2009) [#15]
Thanks, great program, am looking foward to the tutorials