BitmapFonts tool

Community Forums/Developer Stations/BitmapFonts tool

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#1]
..I have seen some available tools already, but none of them producing bitmap fonts with outlines of my choice..is there any tool what can generate bitmap fonts with ability to set outline (color and size) ?

LineOf7s(Posted 2008) [#2]
JUICY FONTS! Yay!

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#3]
..this is nice..however..i cant see any antialiasing option...how to get bitmap fonts without jagged edges?

Beaker(Posted 2008) [#4]
Fontext?

Beaker(Posted 2008) [#5]
I'm not sure about in Juicy Fonts, but to antialias the fonts in Fontext you have to change your Display Settings so that Windows uses Smooth Fonts.

Moraldi(Posted 2008) [#6]
@Naughty Alien:
Do you own Sprite Candy? If so, you can use the accompanying Font tool to get the image you want. Then you can build your own routine to create your texts if you don't intend to use the Sprite Candy functions.

PS:
If you didn't buy Sprite Candy I can send you ONLY the tool in case the author will give me the permission ;)

LineOf7s(Posted 2008) [#7]
Moraldi: Given Mike's only got a demo of FontCandy Studio available on the website, it's possible he doesn't want the whole product given away for free and instead would like it to remain as added value to the purchase of SpriteCandy.

But I'm sure you realise that.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#8]
I do have Sprite Candy of course and tool provided, bowever, tool support only up to 512x512 size of generated textures and doesnt do antialiased bitmap..im wondering how Mikhail did his bitmap fonts provided with fastImage in samples...they are just perfect, exactly how i want it..

GfK(Posted 2008) [#9]
I've used FONText for years. Does everything I need it to do.

Did have to write my own font class to use it in Blitzmax, though.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#10]
>>I'm not sure about in Juicy Fonts, but to antialias the fonts in Fontext you have to change your Display Settings so that Windows uses Smooth Fonts.<<

What particular settings you referring to, Beaker?