FPS Creator models + Blitz3D

Community Forums/Developer Stations/FPS Creator models + Blitz3D

John Blackledge(Posted 2008) [#1]
Just to let everyone know that there is no problem using FPSCreator models with Blitz3D (-which means I'm going to be buying a lot more; the Egyptian Pack is very high quality).

Method:
.X > import > Fragmotion > export as .B3D
or
.X > import > Fragmotion > export as .MS3D (-Milkshape, if you need to make changes) > export as .B3D.
All animations are preserved.

You'll need to ScaleEntity to about 0.025, and set animation speed to about 0.5 (depending on your frame speed), then EntityTexture
the model using one of provided DDS textures.

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#2]
Nice tip. I was wondering if it would be possible to do it when I noticed that the license permitted use in other game engines. I couldn't find any info on what format they were in to begin with though.

John Blackledge(Posted 2008) [#3]
6 characters x 5 texture variations = 30 characters, and a host of animations (no mouth movement though, as usual, duh!).
Great value for £10.99.

They won't load straight in - you have to put them through the pipeline shown above.
But _I_ would take a year to model these.
I'd rather spend the £10.99.

*(Posted 2008) [#4]
Once again this is where DBLtd has thought ahead, BRL still isnt even advertising.

Pete Carter(Posted 2008) [#5]
has anyone tried it with unwrap im sure it would work but knowing would be better :O)

ZJP(Posted 2008) [#6]
Hi mr John Blackledge

I have a problem to "link" the gun with the model. any solution

JP

boomboom(Posted 2008) [#7]
Technically you might be able to do this, but have you looked through the Licence agreement for the models? You might not be able to use them legally.

John Blackledge(Posted 2008) [#8]
I don't need the weapons, so don't know how. Try the FPS creator forums:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_read&i=24

I just got back to this project 4 months on, and finally imported the character into my default Blitz scene - yikes, it looks good.
I hope never to have to model again.
With this quality I don't mind paying the price.
http://www.fpscreator.com/pack17.html

JaviCervera(Posted 2008) [#9]
Yes, you should check the license, as I remember that the license in the DarkMatter 2 pack forbid converting the models to another file format. Maybe the are doing the same with the FPSC models.

ZJP(Posted 2008) [#10]
"Technically you might be able to do this, but have you looked through the Licence agreement for the models? You might not be able to use them legally."

"Yes, you should check the license, as I remember that the license in the DarkMatter 2 pack forbid converting the models to another file format. Maybe the are doing the same with the FPSC models."

IT IS PERSONAL USE. NOT FOR SALE OR FREEWARE OR ....
A technical question, responses from lawyers.I will find a solution.
Thx ;-)

To J. Blackledge. Your egyptian models are armed ;-)

JP

Zenman(Posted 2009) [#11]
Most of the models I have bought carry a standard license. The key phrase is "or in other Games". In this case my understanding is that you are not limited to any specific software you can include these models in. You should always check. I can't say this applies to all. Most just ask for a notice usually in the credits:

Some or all of the game assets used in this game are (c) Sellers name.
All Rights Reserved.

Grant of Licence
In consideration of the Customer's promises herein (including without limitation the Customer's obligations in clause 7 of this Licence Agreement) the Seller hereby grants the Customer a personal, non exclusive, perpetual, non transferable, royalty free licence to:
modify Assets and integrate Assets in "Commercial Games" (as defined below) created using FPS Creator, FPS Creator X10, Dark Basic Professional, Dark GDK or in other Games; and
issue copies of such Commercial Games (and permit others to issue copies of such Games) to the public for commercial purposes.
A "Commercial Game" is a Game which is either: (i) commercially exploited by any person (including, by way of example only, a Game which is distributed in return for payment or any other benefit); or (ii) reproduced in more than 100 copies.
A "Game" is an entertainment software game whose sole purpose is to entertain its user without further modification. The term Game expressly excludes: (a) any software tool or software product which can (or might) be used in order to create further games or other software products; and (b) any software library, compilation or collection of graphics and / or sounds and / or other assets or works from which a particular graphic or sound or other asset or work may be extracted to be used independently of the software in which it was first incorporated; in each case irrespective of whether or not the primary purpose of such software is to entertain its user.

Zenman(Posted 2009) [#12]
Free sci fi models

These look pretty good and creator says:

"Use 'em any way you want. commercial non-commercial, retexture them, feed them to your dog, whatever you want. Have fun!"

ZJP(Posted 2009) [#13]
@Zenman. I know this pack. Already downloaded ;-)

JP

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2009) [#14]
"
modify Assets and integrate Assets in "Commercial Games" (as defined below) created using FPS Creator, FPS Creator X10, Dark Basic Professional, Dark GDK or in other Games;
"

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that mean if the game should be commercial, then it must be made with one of their Products, only when it is an "other" game (other than commercial) then they don't care?

I really wish I misunderstood this. Maybe an email would answer the question. I guess they don't care to much as long as you BUY it. But it would be nice to have a clear statement. Unfort. I cannot see any contact address.