do gile[s] and 3dworldstudio hate each other?

Community Forums/Developer Stations/do gile[s] and 3dworldstudio hate each other?

Ben(t)(Posted 2008) [#1]
I recently got giles and 3dworld studio and have been messing around with trying to make a simple test map. I have it textured and everything, but when i export it from 3dworld studio into giles. giles does not have any of the textures! how do i fix this? i tried using maplet and exported a map with texture and giles found the texture and used it fine

Mortiis(Posted 2008) [#2]
Hmm, I've never used gile[s] but I suppose the problem is, maplet exported maps are single piece, collapsed meshes while 3D World Studio meshes are a collection of brushes, meshes, entities as child.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2008) [#3]
I am thinking about buying Gile but what I want to do is to have bump mapping floor,wall,ceiling in 3D world studio and I dont know if is possible in 3D world studio.

Mortiis(Posted 2008) [#4]
It is possible, but you have to set custom entities per bumped surfaces and manually load bump maps and init. them in your loading code.

IPete2(Posted 2008) [#5]
Ben(t),

I can hazard a guess.. but thats all it is...

3D World studio has its own format for textures (stl or stp or something like that), which Gile[s] can't load. Try swapping the textures in 3D World Studio for your own jpgs not the special in built format. You may have more success then. These need to be moved with the model if you decide to open them in B3D of course.

IPete2.

JoshK(Posted 2008) [#6]
3D World Studio loads textures from common formats like JPG, BMP, DDS, etc..

3D World Studio stores the lightmap in the first texture unit and the diffuse texture in the second. The diffuse texture uses a mod2x blend on top of the lightmap. The reason for this is because a mod2x blend is also used on vertex-lit objects, so lightmapping and vertex lights look the same.

I think Giles stores the lightmap in the second texture unit.

D4NM4N(Posted 2008) [#7]
yes it does (index 1 in b3d)

fredborg(Posted 2008) [#8]
Try copying the textures into the same directory as the 3d model. It sounds like gile[s] cannot find the texture...