3D editor (Giles)?

Community Forums/Developer Stations/3D editor (Giles)?

Hotshot2005(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hiya all,

Is there software called 3D editor (Giles) out there selling it.
I am wondering if there is link for it.

Does anyone know?

cheers

popcade(Posted 2008) [#2]
gile[s]?
http://www.frecle.net/

Hotshot2005(Posted 2008) [#3]
thank you yoko.

I have 3D World studio.

what is good about gile[s] that 3D World studio cant do?

Beaker(Posted 2008) [#4]
gile[s] isn't a world editor, its a very good lightmapper. Version 1 was made in Blitz3D. It can be used to position objects, pivots and change materials. It's excellent.

jhocking(Posted 2008) [#5]
shame shame Beaker, you were not nearly emphatic enough. gile[s] is a VERY good lightmapper. It is a VERY VERY good lightmapper.

Ultimate Unwrap and gile[s] are the two tools that I can't imagine a Blitz developer not having.

As for how gile[s] compares against 3D World Studio, as Beaker points out they are simply not the same thing. 3D World Studio is used to build your level, gile[s] is used to lightmap a level you've built somewhere else. I'm guessing that gile[s] is a better lightmapper than whatever is built into 3D World Studio, so a potential workflow would be to built the level in 3D World Studio, export the b3d, and then import that into gile[s] to setup lighting.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#6]
..giles is great, i have it..however, i have experienced serious problems with it when your poly count raise over 100K polys..as for me, my pipeline is 3dsmax (modelling+light) ---> B3D

Dicon(Posted 2008) [#7]
Dear Naughty Alian,

I have lost your reply for lightmapping from 3DMax into B3D. Any chance of reposting to this site or a link to where it still is.
Many Thanks

Dicon

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#8]
I find you can use Gile[s] as a basic level editor, and as long as your not expecting to much, it's great for setting up properties and such :o)