Matching Tones between Images (Photoshop)

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Matching Tones between Images (Photoshop)

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#1]
I have two images are used in in-game interfaces, and they're very similar in style (same artist) but they're different in tone. One is much lighter than the other one. In ordet to make them fit together better I'd like to either make the lighter image darker or the darker image lighter. I can do it manually and probably make a decent job of it, but I'm wondering if Photoshop has any ability to help me do it. Is there some way of mapping the colors of one image so that they more closely match the colors of another image or do I just have to do it "by sight"?

GfK(Posted 2008) [#2]
It shouldn't be too hard to do it manually with a brightness/contrast adjustment layer, and maybe a hue/saturation one. That's the 'by sight' way but it shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes - don't think there's any magical way of getting it do to it by itself.

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#3]
Thanks to the person who emailed me with the solution to this. It was staring me in the face all the time. Image > Adjustments > Match Color. It takes a source image ( even a layer within it ) and matches the tones.