Proper UI for Blender...

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Proper UI for Blender...

JA2(Posted 2008) [#1]
Just came across this. Thought it might be useful...

http://www.daniel3d.com/pepeland/misc/3dstuff/blender/maxmayainterface/maxmayainterface.htm

Picklesworth(Posted 2008) [#2]
It should be noted that this is really just a nice configuration for the user interface. Indeed, beats the default by a long shot!
The vertical layout there really helps with the panels collapsed by default. Strange I never thought of that... somehow I ended up convinced that horizontal was the way to go.

I have this working just fine with simply the .B.blend file from that archive. I imagine the rest of it changes provides Mayaish translations for different locales, but to get just the nice looking UI, you don't need much :)

As for replacing the default cube scene, you can press Ctrl+U to replace the default settings with current ones. (I take it they ran out of letters in the alphabet...)

D4NM4N(Posted 2008) [#3]
I always arrange mine similar to that too. Theres a great tutorial on using & modifying the UI on the blender site. (its the first one on the list i think).

The other thing i like is that dropdown menu at the top is a multi layout configuration where you can have 1 layout for modelling, one for materials, animation, sequencing etc...

You can also add your custom ones to the list too :)