UU3D PNG Alpha

Community Forums/Developer Stations/UU3D PNG Alpha

boomboom(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi guys. I have got a PNG texture with alpha loaded onto a material in Maya. Works fine in the Maya viewport (shows alpha as transparent etc)

Export it out as a .u3d and load it into UU3D, reload the same texture as the material bitmap on the diffuse shader and it doesn't seem to respect alpha at all. This then carries over into Blitz3D when I export as a B3D.

Anyone got any work flow points on how to do this coming from uu3d? I don't really want to separately load in textures in blitz then put them on.

Ideas?

lo-tekk(Posted 2008) [#2]
In the b3d export dialog under: Flag Options > Textures > Filter Flags > check [Alpha].

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#3]
yah i'm not the only one with maya. how does the animation carry over? i don't have uu3d yet but am looking to buy and would like to know.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#4]
UltimateUnwrap, as far as i know, and for all the time i've used it, doesn't show any texture alphaing. The only alpha UU seems to show is the alpha of a whole mesh. Something that UU sorely lacks i say...

It's ok setting the alpha flags when exporting, but you need to change them evertime you need to export.

Apart from that. UU is brilliant. The build in animation editor is great too. You can add bones and animate them too. Excellent program!

boomboom(Posted 2008) [#5]
Yea that solved my problem. Thanks :)