Pacemaker Expert Needed

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Pacemaker Expert Needed

siread(Posted 2008) [#1]
I have an animated high poly b3d model which I want to strip the skeleton and animation from and import into a lower poly model. I've started to attempt it in Pacemaker but I don't know anything about weighting the vertices and the anims are all weird and strectchy. Can anyone help me out?

Ricky Smith(Posted 2008) [#2]
Hi siread,
You can load the low poly model and then 'rip' both the skeleton and the animation from the high poly model. You just then need to re-assign the vertices to the new skeleton.
For low poly models you don't always need to use vertex weighting - you can try just assigning one bone per vertex and then make minor adjustments later if required. You can also start of by using the 'Assign to nearest' button after selecting all vertices and then just reassign those vertices that don't look right.
Vertex assignment is probably the most difficult part of skinning and quite a bit of practise is required.
If you are having difficulties send me the models and I'll try and do it for you.
send to : support AT pacemakeranimation.net
I really like the look of your new football game by the way - keep up the good work !

siread(Posted 2008) [#3]
Thanks Ricky. I'll plug away at it a bit more, and if I need your help I'll drop you an email. :D

siread(Posted 2008) [#4]
Hi Ricky, did you get my email?

Ricky Smith(Posted 2008) [#5]
Not yet !!

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#6]
Hey Ricky, just the man i'm looking for :D

Check your email please?

Opps, the date on my email will be from 2007, stupid system clock.

Sorry if i hi-jacked your thread man and i hope you get yer problem sorted.

siread(Posted 2008) [#7]
Sent it again. Let me know if it arrives. :)

Ricky Smith(Posted 2008) [#8]
Both emails received and answered :)