I need a good sound editing program

Community Forums/Developer Stations/I need a good sound editing program

WERDNA(Posted 2008) [#1]
Greetings Mortals,
It's me again, the Mighty WERDNA.
I would like to get a program to edit sound, and music,
but have no idea which one.
It would be nice, if it could erase words, like from a song, but still leave the music intact.
Also my budget is not too big, so it would be preferable if it didn't cost much.
So does anyone have any suggestions as to a good sound editer?

Ked(Posted 2008) [#2]
Audacity is nice.

chwaga(Posted 2008) [#3]
1: STOP IT WITH THE FREAKING WERDNA THING
2: audicity is good

Jasu(Posted 2008) [#4]
This
It would be nice, if it could erase words, like from a song, but still leave the music intact.

is something that cannot be done in 100% certainty. It may be easy for human to recognise singing on top of a music, but not so for a computer, which knows nothing about human voice. The current solutions only notch the frequencies of the human voice and if you have ever done sound editing, you know that doing notches doesn't leave the music intact. Actually it rapes it pretty badly.

Audacity. If not too big budget means more than usual, options are Sound Forge, Cool Edit, Wavelab...

Difference(Posted 2008) [#5]
http://www.wavosaur.com/

Audacity saves in project format, a bitch if you use it as an external editor from reaper or similar. Wavosaur is nice.

You can find some VST plugins s to remove vocals. Your mileage will vary.

PS: STOP IT WITH THE FREAKING WERDNA THING

Rob Farley(Posted 2008) [#6]
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/products/product.asp?pid=431

Personally I use soundforge, it's fairly cheap and very very powerful.

PS: Stop with the Werdna thing or I'll edit all your posts to make you look really daft... Abuse of power? Probably... but hey... why not!

D4NM4N(Posted 2008) [#7]
Audacity here too

MrCredo(Posted 2008) [#8]
long time ago i used cooledit (shareware) - this was the best editor... Audacity is nice, but... i liked cooledit much more...

Blitzplotter(Posted 2008) [#9]
audacity here....

dawlane(Posted 2008) [#10]
The "AUDACITY" of WERDNA astounds me ;o)