Any one using quick3D

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Any one using quick3D

dawlane(Posted 2008) [#1]
Just a genral query to see if any one is/has used this tool for converting 3D meshes with animations. And is it any good with C4D to DirectX.

Zethrax(Posted 2008) [#2]
Here's the link to the software if anyone want's to check it out (always best to include a link):- http://www.quick3d.org/

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#3]
Ultimate Unwrap is good for converting formats. YOu need to export your animation as something other than C4D though...

dawlane(Posted 2008) [#4]
I own Ultimate Unwrap. But having to export C4D file with animation into a different format that supports animation kind of defeats the whole idea when XPort can do the same thing. The problem with Xport is it can't handle the new Cinema 4D R10+ character riging scheme (joints + weight maps) you have to use bones and absolute vertex weight maps (theres no easy way to convert these as it can screw up the skeleton and you have to weigh the vertices to each bone).

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#5]
I worked with a guy who exported C4D into another format, Lightwave?? and i converted them into .b3d's and all worked fine. Obviously older, so probably not relevant to your situation. Just thought of it as another option :o)