Gile[s]

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Gile[s]

Dicon(Posted 2008) [#1]
Alas. I cannot now buy Gile[s] even though I wanted to.
There is a big build up, you can try the trial version, you can do everything except save. Looks good. In fact what I wanted. Looks at budget..... yup, just about....Try to buy it. And then they tell you you cannot buy it anymore. WHAT!!
Why the **** do they leave it up then on their web site?
Grump.
Oh well.............
keep on keepin' on.
< sigh >
Dicon

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#2]
What stage of the purchase process can you get to then? I got right up to them taking my credit card before I stopped ( because I don't particularly want to be charged for something I already bought. )

fredborg(Posted 2008) [#3]
Hi,

I assume you tried buying it through the game creators, but they are no longer selling it. You can get it directly from us (more or less), here:
http://www.frecle.net/index.php?show=shop

Moraldi(Posted 2008) [#4]
fredborg: Why TGC stop selling it? How do you contacted them first and now they stop?
BTW: Is there any time plan for the final release of Gile[s] 2.0. I am asking because I read in your site about project Youropa. Is this a reason for a delay in Gile[s] 2.0 development?

Thanks!

Dicon(Posted 2008) [#5]
Ok, thanks for the pointer to Frecle. I went and ordered a Quill 3D after I couldn't ( apparently ) purchase Frecle. I will wait to see what 3D Quill can do after it arrives.
I am still trying to get into Blender which is very good at meshes and light mapping and baking. In Blitz 3D exported as X. or 3DS the results are brilliant. The GUI is awful though.
I am going to put up another question in the forum asking about how to map a room to a single .bmp with various textures. Thank for all the assistance given.

Dicon

Happy Sammy(Posted 2008) [#6]
Blender which is very good at meshes and light mapping and baking

Blender support baking lightmap for Blitz3D?

Thanks in advance
:)

Dicon(Posted 2008) [#7]
I HAD to buy the book"The Essential Blender", because as someone said "The GUI is Sucky".
If you use Blender just for baking, after a while it does get easier, though there is still a lot to be discovered that is not in the book. I havn't dared venture into animation yet, though from what can be seen, it's excellent. And FREE! Which aint' bad for a good package.
The book costs $44.95. Worth it as it cuts out a lot of grief with the interface / buttons.

Dicon