40% off 3drt Models

Community Forums/Developer Stations/40% off 3drt Models

Zenman(Posted 2007) [#1]
http://www.3drt.com/

Code is active only til 31 of December 2007

nrasool(Posted 2007) [#2]
These look great, love the city and skeleton swarm pack :)

puki(Posted 2007) [#3]
This is indeed very, very, very exciting.

The Megacity construction kit is listed on Turbosquid at $461.00 USD. Myself and other Blitzers have eyed this up before - it's been listed at that price for several years. It equates to circa £230 UK.

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/314644

I just bought it from 3dRT's site (with the 2008 coupon code) for £101.42 UK / $205 USD.

http://www.3drt.com/3dm/levels/urban_set/urban_set.htm

Definetley, definetley worth £101.42 UK / $205 USD.

I have no idea how long the download will take as it doesn't mention a file-size and it is downloading at less than 20 Kb/s. I've downloaded 24MB and it is still coming. EDIT: it weighs in at 146MB

Absolutely worth £101.42 UK / $205 USD.

puki(Posted 2007) [#4]
This is pretty cool:

1,571 files - 302MB;

3 pre-made cities;

11 skyboxes;

You get the individual buildings/pieces - 288 in a set - .3ds, .obj, torque and .x file formats.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2007) [#5]
sound like u making own 3D GTA :)

Matty(Posted 2007) [#6]
Yeah I bought that city a while ago, would almost consider selling it on to someone else as I no longer have any use for it. I'd hoped the buildings were a little more detailed.

Something I'd like to know is if some the character models can also be purchased in dotxsi format as .MAX format is useless to me.

EDIT - to those who emailed me about buying the city I've decided to hang on to it for a bit now.

puki(Posted 2007) [#7]
We will help you export our 3D models to custom formats. We want our models to work perfectly in your game,
and we'll go the extra mile to ensure that you get 100% compatible resources, every time.

I reckon they would entertain the idea.

puki(Posted 2007) [#8]
I might buy these bad boys too:
http://www.marlinstudios.com/products/traffic/traffic.htm

puki(Posted 2007) [#9]
This thing is certainly graphically on par with GTAIII.

The main city section is just 34,576 polys - I stripped out all of the trees and bushes, then collapsed the scene into a single mesh - the original mesh was 39,240 polys before I started to modify it:

These two pictures indicate how comparable this is to GTAIII:

EDIT:
I've updated the number of polys in the scenes as I forgot I had added some stuff in.

nrasool(Posted 2007) [#10]
Hi Puki, Is the file just one big city? Or do they give you building separetly? It good, but I want to generate my own cityspace with these building :)

puki(Posted 2007) [#11]
You get the individual buildings, signs, road pieces, etc - 288 pieces in a set.

The .3DS set, for example: The largest file-size of an object is 94KB. 284 of the pieces are under 30KB in size (232 of which are under 10KB (204 of which are 5KB or less)). The set is only 1.71MB (excluding textures).

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#12]
Now they at least have one set that looks like a fair deal.

I considered buying the space ships but all 3 packs are just crap. At 160$ I would assume that the textures don't look like lowquality DX7 mipmaps with bilinear filtering but sharp and clean.

I prefer 2 good textures instead of 13 crap ones.

puki(Posted 2007) [#13]
Absolutely worth £101.42 UK / $205 USD - no question for me.

If anyone purchases anything from their site - REMEMBER to claim your 40% discount code on the PAYMENT screen.

puki(Posted 2007) [#14]
Also, the poly-counts will drop further as I will strip out the smaller details (signs, lamp-posts, telephone kiosks, etc) as these (along with vedgetation) can be applied in a LOD system.

puki(Posted 2007) [#15]
Yep, I just dropped the original City1 scene from the original 39,240 to 27,952 polys (stripped out all vedgetation, signs, posts, kiosks, etc). That's a saving of 11,288 polys.

27,952 polys for a city level is good.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2007) [#16]
that very good puki......are u going put people in and cars too?

puki(Posted 2007) [#17]
Could do - I could steal the characters out of the GTAIII games.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2007) [#18]
yeah u could. I think I saw GTA 3 WEBSITE where u can download 3D models of GTA Character for free I think :)

how high is the framerate with all huge buildings in it( I guess u are coding in Blitz 3D)?

puki(Posted 2007) [#19]
Yep, this thing runs like a silk sausage in Blitz3D - but then I have a nVidia 8800 GTX with an Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo CPU. I'm hardly straining it with the pre-made city.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2007) [#20]
whoa :) Mine is CORE 2 DUO 6750 with 2GB Ram and I going to get GEFORCE 8800GT Tomorrow but my mate say I should get ATI Series 9 but I want GEFORCE for change as I been Fan of ATI for years.

I can buy the huge city for that price as it save time insteading of doing all the modeling of own city and no wonder why it took GTA 4 about 3 years to make huge city I think.

I cant wait to see your latest screenshot.

puki(Posted 2007) [#21]
This thing is really very low-poly. Many of the buildings are just cubes of different sizes and dimensions.

There is a lot of variety.

There is also a variety of the texturing quality - some buildings are clearly better looking than others.

There are 3 pre-made city sections. The one I pictured is the larger of the 3.

The buildings all have complete roofs, some with extra detail - meaning you could fly over the cities - ie in a helicopter, etc.

There are errors in the pre-made cities though - some buildings seem half-buried in the ground - I've seen some buildings out of position (ie half inside another building) - nothing major though (you'd have to look hard) - plus, it can all be fixed.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2007) [#22]
thanks for feedback.

I guessing that Blitz 3D can handle quite lots of peoples(Low polys) and cars(Low polys) in your city as it depend on people pc spec.

Ross C(Posted 2007) [#23]
Looks like good stuff :)

Loktar(Posted 2007) [#24]
wow lol so I was thinking of getting this, so I looked up 3drt in the search.... Puki you may have me convinced.

Would this be good for an FPS? Im interested in the post apocalyptic textures because im working on a zombie game. Im leaning towards the industrial one, just because $200 is a bit steep for me to possibly not finish a game :?

puki(Posted 2007) [#25]
Would this be good for an FPS

It's ideal for a GTAIII type of game. Not all of the textures look great up close. I see no reason why you cannot do a FPS type of game with this. None of the buildings have interiors though.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2007) [#26]
Hey Puki

how you getting on with the GTA project?

puki(Posted 2007) [#27]
This is on the backburner - I have other stuff to concentrate on. I bought this just in case the price went up again.

Kev(Posted 2007) [#28]
I really like the fantasy environment set, im very tempted to buy it.