D3d to x coversion

Community Forums/Developer Stations/D3d to x coversion

Nenad(Posted 2007) [#1]
I am trying to convert b3d file to .x . It is skeletal animation model. I used Pacemaker to create an animation, and need an x file to import it into software called Awakening (runtime 3dweb engine).
But, i have no full success...

Fragmotion accepts b3d from Pacemaker, but exports .x kind a distorted, like a chewing gum. UltimateUnwarp 3d exports pretty good to x, only i need to scale animation x240 times to get the timing, and the x axis is not strictly accurate. Milkshape does export only matrix keys, so i do not get tweened animation. Only app that creates solid .x file (that I discovered) is CharacterFX, but it only imports Milkshape file.
The only accurate way to transfor b3d animation int x animation that i discovered is through long chained process of exporting/importing through:
Pacemaker-->Fragmotion-->Milkshape-->CharacterFX-->Awakening. (!)

Is there easier way to get and Directx .x file (Directx8 kind) from .b3d file, but that would not require expensive application (like Deep exploration?).

Maybe an application that import b3d and export x havent try, or a converter that can modify the x file ?

Thanks,
Nenad

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#2]
Ultimate Unwrap?

http://www.unwrap3d.com

D4NM4N(Posted 2007) [#3]
I thought fragmotion did this :/ certainly works other way round.