Track Editor for B3D?

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Track Editor for B3D?

Hotshot2005(Posted 2007) [#1]
hiya all,

I am looking for good track editor and the files must be either
B3D or 3DS .

cheeers

chwaga(Posted 2007) [#2]
track???

if you mean like race tracks, and for 3ds/b3d export, get 3ds max, dummy!

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#3]
if you mean like race tracks, and for 3ds/b3d export, get 3ds max, dummy!

Right, because anyone who doesn't either :

(a) have £3,000 lying around behind the sofa, or
(b) want to steal software

is clearly a dummy. < At this point, I really wish there was a rolling eyes emoticon for this board. >

On Topic, there used to be a really good track editor. We're going back a few years now, and I'm not sure if it was written in B3D or not, but I remember it had been used for a few different games. It was pretty cool, used splines and everything. Hopefully me babbling inanely about what little I recall of it will remind someone who might still have a bookmark.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2007) [#4]
http://www.16vmini.co.uk/rtc/

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#5]
Yes! That's the one I was thinking of. Well done, Steve.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2007) [#6]
cheers everyone

puki(Posted 2007) [#7]
Oooh, that looks exciting. I spent a fortune buying a racetrack construction kit thing.

EmerGki(Posted 2008) [#8]
I have created one for my game, with my editor, you can build kilometers of roads in few minutes... Here some Screenshots of what you can do with my editor.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2008) [#9]
very nice and how much cost to buy your track editor?

puki(Posted 2008) [#10]
This looks exciting.

Hand it over.

John Blackledge(Posted 2008) [#11]
Argh! This looks brilliant.
I could have done with this a couple of years ago, instead of manually editing thousands of tris to get curves and rises.

Are you going to sell it?

EmerGki(Posted 2008) [#12]
I forget to say what the editor create the waypoints for the two sides of the road :)...

Yes, I can sell the editor, but, I have no idea of how much... If you are interested, I can try create an account on PayPal or ShareIt to sell the editor...

Kev(Posted 2008) [#13]
Very cool, EmerGki Im intrested.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2008) [#14]
Hey EmerGki

How easy to make track?

puki(Posted 2008) [#15]
It should be sold for between $10.00 - $15.00 USD. Possibly could fetch $20.00. A lower price can create more profit than a higher price because more people are tempted to buy it.

Ideally issue a demo first.

John Blackledge(Posted 2008) [#16]
As puki said.

Loktar(Posted 2008) [#17]
Cant you just do a line pick, get the coords, and lay down some vertices and UV coords to texture it, creating roads on a terrain or any other mesh? Could even implement a color map system of some sort where you draw the roads, and the program reads them in dynamically.

In my skating snowman screensaver I did the trails in this way, using an example set by the TRON demo.

My project is in the state where it needs roads now so I'm going to give it a try.

EmerGki(Posted 2008) [#18]
Thank you Guys...

To you see how easy is my editor, watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wb2Toz5LFA

The editor export the models in .3DS file format, and, separated pieces (Road, "grass" Right, grass left, and Grass Far right and left), 4 models, so, with this, you can use the road if you want to make the road in a terrain, using heights and etc..

@ Loktar, I've not tried to make using terrains, because, for my game, I need very extensive roads... Kilometers and kilometers of roads :) ... But, Maybe in the future, I'll try to make using terrains...

Thanks...

Hotshot2005(Posted 2008) [#19]
hey EmerGki

will there be demo?

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2008) [#20]
Hey I like the music.
IronMaiden on piano.

The editor look allso great.
Please release it as a product.

EmerGki(Posted 2008) [#21]
@ Hotshot2005 - Don't have a demo yet, anyway, I'll think about...

Tri|Ga|De - Yeah, "Up the Irons!" =D... I'm thinking about release the editor as a product...