Need Blender Tutorials

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Need Blender Tutorials

Mortiis(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi,

I need a plenty of Blender tutorials especially aimed for
games. Mostly low poly modelling tutorials needed. Both
video and text tutorials are fine for me. I searched the
net but couldn't find much tutorials related to games. If you
have some useful links, that would be great.

Thanks in advance, cheers.

D4NM4N(Posted 2007) [#2]
http://www.blender.org/tutorials-help/

Has videos and step by steps.

I strongly reccommend suporting it by ordering the manual. It is an easy to understand 500+ page book. It teaches you loads and make you realise very quickly, that blender isnt the scary weird complicated modeller everyone thinks it is, but rather a powerful, capable, industry quality tool.

One of the best software-related purchases i have made in a while.

Mortiis(Posted 2007) [#3]
Thank you but I need something more game related, for I need to progress more quickly as I don't have much time.

JustLuke(Posted 2007) [#4]
There's no quick way to become proficient with any modelling tool. It takes practice, talent and patience, I'm afraid.

Mortiis(Posted 2007) [#5]
Yes, I know, I didn't say I want to be a blender guru in a week. I just don't want to bother with things like rendering and high poly modelling which are not game related. As a programmer, I know learning things need patience.

ardee(Posted 2007) [#6]
Excellent low-poly character modelling video tutorial (big download though) bottom of page.

http://www.montagestudio.org/Site/Tutorials.html

Dirk Krause(Posted 2007) [#7]
http://www.gamedev.net/reference/art/features/blender1/

D4NM4N(Posted 2007) [#8]
Thank you but I need something more game related, for I need to progress more quickly as I don't have much time.

You need to learn the modeller no matter what you do. The principles to modelling games stuff is more or less the same as the high end stuff, except you usually use far less geometry.

Mortiis(Posted 2007) [#9]
Thanks for the tutorials, I didn't notice the one in the gamedev.

@D4NM4N: Modelling a high poly model and a low poly model is really different. I don't need a lot of edgeloops, nurbs etc. Just box modelling or polygon modelling, using reference photos, unwrapping and animation. I have experience with wings3d and milkshape3d. And I don't need rendering, lightning etc. too.

D4NM4N(Posted 2007) [#10]
True, but the basic modelling principles (how to edit etc) are the same, I use edgeloops all the time for low poly stuff. Even if im doing a hi res model i still start off low poly (usually just from one cube) and just keep adding details. The actual vids for the interface, intro to modelling and UV mapping are just that - basic interface, modelling and texturing nothing advanced.

I was modelling basic stuff after a few hours with the manual. (which is why i reccommend buying it=) Although you can view the manual pages online. Look for the gingerbread man tut. It wil defo get you started :)