Need 3D Studio Max Tutorials

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Need 3D Studio Max Tutorials

Mortiis(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi, I'm a complete beginner in 3D Studio Max. I'm a blitz3d programmer but I'm on my way to be a solo developer so I need modelling skills and the best solution for modelling for blitz3d seems like 3dsmax7 with b3d pipeline.

I have some wings3d experience, enough to create low poly props but not organic models.I don't want to use multiple applications, I want modelling, unwrapping, animation and b3d export in one package.

So, can anyone direct me to some tutorials for modelling, texturing and animating for games. I've been searching for some time but all the tutorials I found are aiming to the high poly models, animation and rendering.

Thanks!

chwaga(Posted 2007) [#2]
get the 3ds max 7 bible the 3ds max 8 bible rocked, so this should be great too.

Mortiis(Posted 2007) [#3]
It's not targeted for game content creation I think as index shows.

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#4]
Mortiis,

Try www.3dbuzz.com

check out their 3ds Max vtms - you can download and watch them, building experience as you go.

IPete2.

taumel(Posted 2007) [#5]
I don't have a special one in mind right now but i would try to look for some training videos as well. DVDs as well as on the web. I think Galileo Design did at least one in german. It's more intuitive and you're learning a lot faster this way. Downsides are that you can't lookup things this well or that you don't get everything but it should teach you several techniques very well if the videos are good.

For the rest there are also the max tutorials and the documentation and help system. It's the best i have seen so far compared to other 3d packages. Also you might want to visit some 3dsmax forum.

Mortiis(Posted 2007) [#6]
Allright, thank you all so much. I've started some low poly tutorials and made my first lara croft with box modelling from a tut :P

Now I have the 3dsmax7 bible too.

Thanks, take care.

AdrianT(Posted 2007) [#7]
I'd recommend a good book and some game specific tutorial DVD's. They can teach you a lot more in a short time than a book would, but finding good ones that are more game oriented can be tough.